The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Did anyone ever spend their coin gimmicks on accident? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 09:53, melamel wrote:
How do you use Scotch and Soda?

http://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=5031

Enjoy!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5737 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 09:53, melamel wrote:
How do you use Scotch and Soda?

If you want to see a master use it, get the Don Alan DVD from Stevens Magic Emporium. There's a lot of other material on the video that will also get your attention.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
My recent tragedy involved a knee injury a couple of months ago. I fell, tore the tendon holding my kneecap in place (patellar) and had to be taken by ambulance to the ER. After surgery, my wife mentions that my suit coat was ripped during my fall and she tossed it. Unfortunately, she didn't know I had Scotch & Soda in the coin pocket...

I'm still on crutches, which makes stand-up magic a challenge.

Dave
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-02-03 03:15, Cao314159 wrote:
Not really a coin, but I got a stealth pen for my birthday (gimmicks are not my thing) and my dad took it to work accedentally and lost it!

One time in class my teacher borrowed my stealth pen off my desk and tried to use it. He was quite perplexed I must say.

Before sorting through bags of loose change, I ALWAYS run my raven over the pile in hopes that I picked up a steel core coin along my travels... as of yet, no such luck.
STFC
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of STFC
My bro put his bite out coin in a parking ticket machine, expensive ticket!!!
ST
Stay Happy and everything will be all right.
Jack Norris
Dr Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Sparks, NV
154 Posts

Profile of Dr Magic
Double faced nickels.. all spent.

Quarter shells.. All spent, stuck to a regular quarter.

Those stupid Susan B Anthony dollar coins.. Accepted most anywhere as quarters if you're not paying attention.

Dr Magic

:carrot: Smile
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
I can't wait for the day when I get one of your coins as change from a store Smile
magicmafia22
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmafia22
Yup I lost 2 bite-out quarters and spent 1, and lost a dim and penny.
LOL I wonder what the people at the store thought when they later went through their money and the bite out quarter fell apart in their hands. LOL
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I've spent several dime and penny sets, at least one double-faced nickel and probably at least one steel-cored coin, and I know I have given away Susan B. Anthony dollars as quarters. I just know I have.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Monoxide
View Profile
New user
NW Indiana/Chicago
12 Posts

Profile of Monoxide
I accidentaly put my f------ quarter in a gum machine in the entry way of the supermarket but I realized my mistake before I turned the crank so there I am on my knees trying to get a quarter from a gum machine as people walk by man I must have looked cheap lol.

MONO
Purify my soul change the crows to doves
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
Charlottesville, Virginia
264 Posts

Profile of the_houdini_jester
My Brother "accidently" Had my Bite-Out Quarter and put it into a soda machine. Luckily it was to loihgt or didn't pass for the machine and got sent right back to the change space. There's probobly a ton of places that I lost or have almost spent my Bite-out Quarter, luckily, it's a lucky coin. Plus, that was the most recent time.

Alex
All the Magic things I don't have are like the foods I've never had. One day I'll have some but I will never have all.
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
My mishap was while I was a student at the Presidio in Monterey, California. It was payday and I was dead broke. I had a quarter in one pocket and my new Johnson's gin & Tonic in the other pocket. I walked out of class and past a Coke machine, did a quick check of my pockets and found.....50 cents!! I had no idea I had spent my brand new gimmick until later that evening. The Coke hit the spot! Hell, it SHOULD for $25.50!

Benjammin
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
Not too long ago I spent my coin unique by Eddie Gibson. I couldn't understand where the hell it had gone, then suddenly remembered it had been in my back pocket. It makes me laugh that I bought a pound coin for £28!

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
popec
View Profile
New user
WA, Australia
56 Posts

Profile of popec
Hehe, I don't have any gimmicks, no chance of that happening! Thank Gosh. Smile lol
rmofsky
View Profile
New user
Boston
29 Posts

Profile of rmofsky
I've never spent one but I have lost a few in my car, inside upholstered furniture(couches), and in rock clubs where I couldn't hear them hitting the floor thanks to the loud music.

All in all, losing a few coins has helped me to become less precious about them. That in turn has made a BIG difference in my magic.

-r
www.adventuresintourism.com "...about the thrill of escape and the vehicles that take you there..."
Brillus
View Profile
New user
Italy
73 Posts

Profile of Brillus
I spent my scotch & soda set here in italy for accident... lost 30 euro sigh!
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I had a close call with a dime and penny. I keep loose change in my desk drawer and it got mixed in. I spent the next 15 minutes going through all the pennies to find it. I true testimonial to the quality of the coin. I couldn't find it just by looking. I had to use the "glass" method until it turned up.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
houdini
View Profile
Loyal user
N.E. Kansas
201 Posts

Profile of houdini
I have never spent any of my gaffed coins, however I am constantly loosing them in my recliner while I am practiceing with them LOL
Jim. Thats me on the left,Everyone should know the other guy!
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
823 Posts

Profile of e-man
I made a phone call with a lLassen quarter but it was overseas long distance so I spoke for 45 minutes. Thanks Todd,You think of everything!
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
823 Posts

Profile of e-man
I made a phone call with a Lassen quarter but it was overseas long distance so I spoke for 45 minutes. Thanks Todd, you think of everything!
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Did anyone ever spend their coin gimmicks on accident? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL