The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "Impuzzibilities" - Jim Steinmeyer (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quinn:
Thank you. I wanted to see the part on the palm as well as the dictionary test.
Hopefully it will get here soon, but after your comments, I'm not that anxious anymore.

Tony
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Scott,

What a charming and hilarious performance of the Burmuda Triangle. Whether or not to perform the "kid and the cookies" seems to be a "no brainer" for a kids show. Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
otter606
View Profile
New user
Scotland
89 Posts

Profile of otter606
I have been working through this book and while some of teh effects may be good for children and theyy may create a good effect, the fact that they are so automatic
would make it very easy for someone to work out afterwards. Most 'self-working' tricks usually rely on some unseen action or set up which prevents it from being automatically repeatable.
Obviously creating a 'magic moment' at the time is important but if the spectator then repeats it to himself at a later time he will find that the trick ALWAYS works out and will be disappointed.
For example the 9 card trick, or the 1'o clock mystery, or teleportation, the
spec will be busy following the instructions which provides the misdirection but afterwards it will be obvious, even if if the specific mathematical principle is not understood.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Thanks of the great review Scott. Smile

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Magic Mike Japan
View Profile
New user
Yokosuka, Japan (U.S. Mailing Address)
98 Posts

Profile of Magic Mike Japan
Does anybody know which Magic Magazine issue the 9 Card Problem appeared? I must have missed it!
"There's no limit to what one man can accomplish, as long as he's willing to let someone else have the credit." (These words were inscribed on a small brass plaque which sat on President Ronald Reagan's desk in the White House during his second term.)
<BR><BR
Dizzle
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Dizzle
Copperfield's 1993 performance of the "9 card problem": https://youtu.be/Hhtp36GbBZ8?t=30m49s
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Another vote for "excellent book".
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I agree jaison, it is an excellent booklet as well as his subsequent booklets also.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "Impuzzibilities" - Jim Steinmeyer (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL