The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Baseballs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
There is, also, a 16" softball that was used under unique rules in parts of the mid-west. Approximately an 1.5" in diameter than the standard softball.

http://www.shopping.com/xPC-Easton_Incre......ll_16_Ea

I, also, use printed baseballs at times and for certain venues. They are unique, however, and draw lots of attention. They are team balls printed with pro ballparks on them: Wrigley, Fenway, and Camden Yards, The fourth ball has a $100 bill print as the cover. I, also, use a the Mike Rogers baseballs for this routine with a miniature baseball bat as the wand.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I produce a large felt ball, a toy ball, 3 cricket balls, a Lemon (artifical), a red track ball ball, a wind up chick, and a small squash (also artifical).
I never have to run off to the store to find loads nor worry about them rotting in my bag. I'm alwats set to break out my cups on a moments notice. Not that this ever happens but I'm ready should it occur
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There are some very large lemons that grow in our part of the country. They are as big as oranges, and sort of oblong.

I'll find out what they are and report.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I was just in Pottery Barn and they had some outstanding artifical fruit for sale. Some pears which would make great loads for my Bosco Cups as they would completetly fill their interior. They also had an assortment of big wooden balls that ought to be good for something.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
These lemons are called "Meyer improved lemons."

BTW, someone posted another thread called Baseballs vs. Fruit. Baseballs win. They are harder than fruit and will squash it every time.

But fruit is funnier.

And if you don't make anything in the hat, you can eat the act.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
For those using a hat load as closer I really suggest a Rutabaga.

I mean really there is no funnier name in vegetables and they are way funnier than turnips.
Bill Esborn

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2005-03-26 12:15, mandrake01 wrote:
I know this has probably been answered, but where the devil do you keep three baseballs or three cueballs (or three apples/oranges/tangerines whatever)?

Mandrake01,

Check out Danny Korem's "Korem without Limits" book ("New Wave Chop Cup starting at page 52) for an interesting approach to this loaded question.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Use real billiard balls
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-08-29 01:24, Turk wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-03-26 12:15, mandrake01 wrote:
I know this has probably been answered, but where the devil do you keep three baseballs or three cueballs (or three apples/oranges/tangerines whatever)?

Mandrake01,

Check out Danny Korem's "Korem without Limits" book ("New Wave Chop Cup starting at page 52) for an interesting approach to this loaded question.

Mike

Thanks. I'm not shopping as much as I should be for my magic stuff these days. In fact, I'm not buying ver much of anything these days. All that rent and food and utilities and stuff just wearing me down!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I was at a local food market that carries what Texans call "farn" food. "Farn" means "from another country. I spotted an interesting fruit called "Chayote," or spiny squash. It looks like a mango but it is covered with 1/4 inch spines. These spines are not really sticky, but they look FIERCE!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-03-27 11:00, Mario Morris wrote:
JoJo
Those are great thoughts, my only reason for not using mini foot-balls is simple, they are fake. I have thought of Cricket Balls and I use to use tennis balls for a short while I used oranges as Gazzo the Street King taught me, but I got sick of all the fruit I had to buy and I never got around to eating it. A good melon on the other hand last for weeks. The reaction I get with my base-balls is priceless (well at least a hat full) so for now I will stick with that.
Thanks
Happy Easter
Mario

There's always the idea of fake fruit. Wal-Mart has apples, oranges, lemons and limes. One of oranges even fooled me when someone left it in the snack bar. I didn't realize it was fake until I picked it up to throw it away!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-03-27 12:38, Glenn Godsey wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-03-27 07:37, Mario Morris wrote:
Glen we Magicians should never type cast any type of theater all magic it stifles creativity, besides to me you look like a cowboy, that looks great, but it is a contrast of what you highlighted (Speaking as a British guy).
Mario

Well, Mario, I grew up in Texas, and I assure you that no cowboy would be seen dead in the hat I am wearing in my photo. It is the wrong proportions for the conventional macho image. That photo was taken of me doing yo-yo tricks outdoors at the OK Mozart Festival. I wouldn't wear it to do magic. I did mention that few of my peers would agree with my nostagia-based opinions and that, indeed, is the case.

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey

Actually, it looks more "Fred C. Dobbs" or "Indiana Jones" -ish to me.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'm toying with the idea of a small bottle of booze; "Doing this stuff will drive you to drink." or a fake lime; "After a bit like this, I'm ready for a Corona. (Lift cup) I've already got the lime!"

What do you think, sirs? Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I just found some large Kong balls at a pet supply store, for my IP Widemouth Chop. They're 3" inches in diameter, so they fill the cup without jamming.

I wanted something that would bounce, so that I could show them solid even on stage. These balls have a nice hefty weight to them, too.
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Yeah but they DON'T bounce straight, dogs think that's their charm. If you want fun with your dog take them to some big open space and play fetch with them and a kong. Wait til you send it skipping down the field the first time your dog will freak.
Bill Esborn

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Actually, the Kong ball bounces straighter than the tennis balls I was using. Sometimes the tennis balls wouldn't bounce straight up to my hand, instead it bounced away. The Kong ball has a nice predictable bounce to it, so I don't have to worry about it bouncing away during a performance.
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
You must not throw it the way I mean for a dog, mine skips left and right all over the place. Interesting.
Bill Esborn

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
There is the standard Kong with varying size ripples, but now they sell a Kong Ball which is your standard spherical object, made of the same Kong material.

I'm guessing you're thinking of the regular Kong.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Quote:
On 2005-08-25 22:38, Bill Palmer wrote:
There are some very large lemons that grow in our part of the country. They are as big as oranges, and sort of oblong.

I'll find out what they are and report.

Bill, when I was in Italy, and particularly, Capris, I was amazed by lemons that were the size of small footballs. It is not exagerating to say they were 6" x 3" and bigger.

Capris was, also, interesting since while 6' tall by US standards today I have become very average height. In Capris, however, I was a giant standing a full head over the masses as I walked down the street. It was very surreal.
Bill Esborn

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2005-09-13 14:39, Dave VanVranken wrote:
There is the standard Kong with varying size ripples, but now they sell a Kong Ball which is your standard spherical object, made of the same Kong material.

I'm guessing you're thinking of the regular Kong.

The ones that I use are smooth, except for the parting line and the logo molded onto the ball.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Baseballs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL