The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Magic with pens? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Ricardo_magician
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_magician
Hi
on Cutural xchange 2 they have a section on the son of recap and they tell you more things to o with abic pen.

Ricardo the Magician
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
I get gasps when I perform the Osterlind Pen. Visual magic at it's best.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
You can do a "paddle move" with almost any marking on a pen and use "Flip's Flipstick" move to vanish it. But let me tell you a secret that if you look out for it, will knock people out.

Whatever type of pen you have, if you see someone with a pen like yours, secretly get yours palmed, ask the person if you can borrow theirs for a second, bring your hands together and "SNAP" the 2 pens apart! Hand them back theirs and, as you put yours away say, "Thanks! I needed one of these!" You won't believe the reaction!

The same idea can be used with any small object you carry.

Richard
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
Wow Richard! That’s nice!
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
Richard with total awe, respect and admiration. Your thoughts,ideas and props have recently single handedly changed as well as re-awakened my views on performing and this not just in the realm of mentalism. This is coming from a seasoned veteran performer who performs regularly for lay audiences and for hardend magicians at magic conventions. Thanks! Oh, and don't worry, I promise not to become a stalker.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2214 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-03-09 12:04, micro wrote:
Richard with total awe, respect and admiration. Your thoughts,ideas and props have recently single handedly changed as well as re-awakened my views on performing and this not just in the realm of mentalism. This is coming from a seasoned veteran performer who performs regularly for lay audiences and for hardend magicians at magic conventions. Thanks! Oh, and don't worry, I promise not to become a stalker.

That's OK. I could use a stalker or two!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4443 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Try Pentix or the Cultural Xchange DVDs
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Nobody mentioned "Penomenon"...
An effect that can come in handy from time to time.
Make the pen move with no strings or thread.
Anyone remember the EM Pocket Charger ?

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
monocreif
View Profile
New user
Portland, OR
8 Posts

Profile of monocreif
If you have a gimmicked pen that needs to go southg for inspection, I swear by Eric Maurin's switch from his "Secrets" booklet.
jasonmagic
View Profile
New user
Jason Magic Productions (Martinsburg,WV)
64 Posts

Profile of jasonmagic
Gen Grant as an awesome rising pen trick.

Great Trick!!
GKurtz
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of GKurtz
John Kennedys Jump
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Wow! It's amazing how I post a question and get a number of replies and then they stop, so I don't look at it again. I just went back to see if anyone wrote anything and I have all kinds of replies! Thanks guys! I appreicate the help!
Dann
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Vin Marini has an effect where an elastic appears to melt thru a pen.
http://www.vinnymarini.com/
"liquid Penetration"

There's also a couple of bits in the Tarbells.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Quote:
On 2005-02-18 06:56, pegasus wrote:
Cigapen is my favourite. There is a demo link on the site somewhere.

good lookin out Pegasus!! hey guys, I am actually coming out with a new pen trick. It uses the Bic pen... the cap is clearly taken off, shown and put in the pocket... the cap jumps back onto the pen! the cap is taken off again, shown, and this time is tossed back on! Then the cap is taken off, and cleanly vanishes. NO JOKE, one of the most visual pen tricks I have EVER SEEN. so I don't have an name for it yet, but I will let you guys know about it in the Tricks and Effects room soon! -Jesse
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11906 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
How about the rising pen done without magnets or thread?

After the Magician shows both his hands clearly empty, he places a Pen onto his hand. At his command, he magically causes the Pen to slowly rise off of his hand! He even waves his hand all around and on top of the pen to show it isn't hooked up to anything!

NO STRINGS, WIRES OR MAGNETS are used.

The Gimmick is self contained and will always be ready. There's no need for you to turn away to set up because as soon as you set it on your hand, you can make the Pen rise at your command!

Nothing new under the Sun? Just curious about this one. Seller says it will kill me when I find out how it works Smile
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Try DoubleX aka Electronic Rating Pen. about $3.50 worth every penny.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Check out Dan Harlans Shrinky Ink.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11906 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Pauly,

WHat does DOuble X do?
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
Quote:
On 2005-06-12 16:20, Candini wrote:
How about the rising pen done without magnets or thread?

After the Magician shows both his hands clearly empty, he places a Pen onto his hand. At his command, he magically causes the Pen to slowly rise off of his hand! He even waves his hand all around and on top of the pen to show it isn't hooked up to anything!

NO STRINGS, WIRES OR MAGNETS are used.

The Gimmick is self contained and will always be ready. There's no need for you to turn away to set up because as soon as you set it on your hand, you can make the Pen rise at your command!

Nothing new under the Sun? Just curious about this one. Seller says it will kill me when I find out how it works Smile

I am going to buy this one myself. It's pretty ingenious. If the guy is selling the same item I'm talking about, you won't be disappointed. There were a whole bunch of them sold on ebay awhile back. They all led me to here: http://www.corbinmagic.com/risingpen.htm
No threads, magnets, or anything like that. The gimmick is completely self contained in the special something that every pen has, so you can actually do this trick with a borrowed pen (depends).
I have no clue if this effect is original or not, but many of the other tricks sold on the site aren't.
Elliott Hodges
View Profile
Veteran user
England
324 Posts

Profile of Elliott Hodges
Jay sankey's the pen is mightier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Magic with pens? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL