The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for a Chop Cup Demo..? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
After all the suggestions I got in an earlier thread, I now decided to get a Chop Cup from Morrissey, with the much anticipated Don Allen Routine, (thanks guys)..
While I'm waiting for it to travel through the mail system, I'd would like to tease my self with some Chop Cup Demos on the net....
if you know of any that is....??

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
swatchel-omi
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of swatchel-omi
This was posted by someone before, but here is Don Alan performing the trick.

http://www.mastermagic.info/images/Don_Alan.rm

Joe
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I have one of me performing with my mini leather cup. You can get it at http://www.texasmob.com/chopcupperformance.asf

The quality isn't so great, it was with my cheap camcorder, before I got the good one.
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Swatchel-omi: Seems the link is a RM file, my computer can't open it, do you know if it's available with another media player?

rikbrooks: Thanks for that, I like your Marlboro style..and your complex chop cup routine, I also belive I should get hold of a leather cup,makes for better deception.
Where did you get yours by the way?

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
swatchel-omi
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of swatchel-omi
If you go to http://www.real.com you should be able to download a player for RM files.

Other than that, I'm not sure if there is a .wmv or quicktime version.

Joe
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
JackDaniel, thanks for the compliment on the routine. Actually it came from here. I was having a conversation with a couple of posters here, Bill Palmer and Pete Biro. They were telling me how you should never make the spectator be 'wrong'. The spectator shouldn't guess that the ball is under the cup (or in the pocket) and find that it's not. Their reasoning was that nobody likes to be wrong.

Good point.

But I was so impressed with the Don Allen routine that I couldn't think of any other way to do it - until I was watching (for the hundredth time) a DVD of Michael Ammar performing cups and balls. At one point his audience didn't applaud and he stopped and said, "Come ON! That didn't impress you?"

Suddenly, in an epiphony, my entire routine sprang forth - I call it, "Would you be impressed?" It's based on just asking the spectator if he would be impressed if I did something impossible - then doing it. Only once is the spectator wrong, and at that point, so am I.

As for the chop cup. I use the Austin Leather Mini. I make them. I wanted a routine that was entirely in the hands and could be performed anywhere, with or without a table. I bought a few mini's and liked every single one of them, but I found something wrong with each one.

So I made one that I was satisfied with. It is designed specifically for the in-the-hands routines.

Quote:
On 2005-02-02 08:11, rikbrooks wrote:
, but I found something wrong with each one.

Wait a second. I shouldn't have said 'something wrong'. I just meant that there was something about each one that I felt could be improved. There's probably something about mine that can be improved as well, especially if you aren't doing an in-the-hands routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for a Chop Cup Demo..? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL