The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Brick & Mortar let me down... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
Hi everyone,

I ordered some silks from my local shop, but they didn't get what I need...apparently none of the distributors have what I'm looking for. So now I'm coming to all of you for assistance. I know this is a fairly specific request, but I'm sure someone will have an idea for me.

I need two identical 18" or 24" production silks. They should be multi-colored (preferably 4 bright colors) and have at least one corner red. I prefer symmetrical designs, but an elegant/pretty picture would be fine as well.

This will be used as the product of a blendo routine, then vanished and reproduced in a 20th century effect--hence the need for a duplicate.

Thanks in advance for all your (hopefully inexpensive) ideas!

Joe
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20493 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Joe,

I have some new 18" silks that are four-colored. The diagonal bands, in order, are red, green, yellow and purple. All but the purple match my solid silk squares. You would have to use the red corner for what you want. That (20th Century Silks) is exactly what they were produced to manufacture. The purple is close to a match, but no cigar. Purples and blues from different runs seldom match exactly. These have the good flat hems sewn with the matching yellow thread. They are 5 momme silks.

Shoot me an email, if they will help you. Bob@MagicBySander.com

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Rice
View Profile
Regular user
Ruth Rice Crone
101 Posts

Profile of Rice
Perhaps you could use Silk King Studios' 24" Diagonial Silks. The one with the green center has a red corner. The direct link to the photo follows:
http://www.silkkingmagic.com/Symphony%20......nbow.htm
PM me if you want more information.
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
All I can say about Silk King Studios is...wow. There is a lot of nice stuff there and I'm going to probably call them to make sure I get what I want (and can use) so I spend my limited funds wisely.

Thanks for the tip, Rice!

Bob, I sent you an e-mail.
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7350 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
If can't fill your needs, drop me a line. I can make duplicate silks in about any color combination you might need.

I have been doing some airbrush work (see my Genie silks on the website) so I could do some artwork if you need it.

We could make one silk in 6 mm (for the blendo) so it is easier to handle. The 20th century should be 8 mm to take the strain of tying the silk and revealing it out.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21976 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-02-01 16:14, BerkleyJL wrote:
All I can say about Silk King Studios is...wow. There is a lot of nice stuff there and I'm going to probably call them to make sure I get what I want (and can use) so I spend my limited funds wisely.

Thanks for the tip, Rice!

Bob, I sent you an e-mail.

You are in Chicago the magic capital of the world. Take a drive south to Fun Inc. they carry imports that are very nice. The silk is thin, but the designs what you want and the trick is called 20th Century Silks. They may not sell direct, but maybe you can arrange them to handle through Magic Inc, or one of the other shops in the area. Their complete set is around $30.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I got some, that are what you describe, from Hank Moorehouse. He can be reached through Abbott's.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
You might also want to check with Duane Laflin at Laflin Magic. They are always well stocked with great silks of all descriptions, mix and match, and equally willing to help meet special needs.

Ed
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Brick & Mortar let me down... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL