The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Elusive Silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I recently purchased this effect from the Trickery and immediately had problems - not only with the mechanics but with the routining and working it into a program. It combines 2 effects - the flash disappearance of a silk in a glass and the (apparent)simultaneous production of the same silk in a coke bottle. Anyone else have this trick and what have you done with it?
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I see you purchased a 2 star trick. This looks okay to me. This is not a simultaneous production and appearance. Go to

http://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=7472

read the discription. I sounds like a good effect. What is your problem? Covering the glass or pulling the string? What have you done with it? It only does one thing! A transportation effect!
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
It became a 2 star trick after I wrote a 1 star review of it! It is very unreliable in that the mechanism functions some of the time even when setup properly. Assuming I can get past that with some adjustments, I guess I'm trying to get my money's worth with it doing something more in the act that just a simple transposition. What I'm really saying is I have buyer's remorse?!
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I am sorry that you feel that way. A good transportation effect can be fun and enteraining to an audience. The equipment looks well worth the price. It is a complete trick, where as most have to purchase several to get this same effect accomplished.

I think you should work on a fun presentation and you might find out that you bought a winner. Don't put it on the shelf until you have given it a good try. Show some people after you have rehearsed it!
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe producing the bottle as a lead-in and/or a silk vanish at the end would add to the effect.
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Elusive Silk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL