The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Barrie Richardson Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
bluefred
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bluefred
Yes but is not really a book is part of his lectures notes;7modest miracles you can do lectures notes;concepts and deceptions letures notes and subtleties,boldness and misdirection lecture notes.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-02-11 04:36, Linds wrote:
Yes, Stephen Minch of Hermetic press is preparing it for publication. If you want to be kept in the loop, visit his site and enrol for his email information service.

Hey Linds,
I am on the hermetic press mailing list, but I have not received anything about it yet.

B.K. Pal,
I believe you can get all of Richardon's notes from http://www.misdirections.com (the only place I could find with all of them atleast).
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Linds
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
74 Posts

Profile of Linds
Quote:
On 2005-03-06 10:05, scott b. wrote:

Hey Linds,
I am on the hermetic press mailing list, but I have not received anything about it yet.

In my experience Stephen pre-announces a new book shortly before it is to be released. I wouldn't be concerned if you hear nothing until closer to the expected date, say late April or early May.

Thanks for the heads up on the other material.
Cheers
Linds

Disbelief in Magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of PapaG
From the Genii Forum:

'Stephen Minch was kind enough to reply to my recent email inquiry about the status of Barrie Richardson's new book. He confirmed that he is currently typesetting Barrie's "Act Two", a sequel to his Theater of the Mind. The expected release date is early June.'
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Salivating............sorry for dribbling on you Mr. Keyboard.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
Another hype on the Café is starting to grow...?
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-03-20 21:36, PapaG wrote:
From the Genii Forum:

'Stephen Minch was kind enough to reply to my recent email inquiry about the status of Barrie Richardson's new book. He confirmed that he is currently typesetting Barrie's "Act Two", a sequel to his Theater of the Mind. The expected release date is early June.'

*has heart attack*

I'm gonna go ahead and start saving for it (even though there is no price, I say atleast $60 is enough).

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
JudgeBean
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of JudgeBean
Gorans? did you ever read the first book?
the theater of the mind?
it was exceptional Barrie Richardson thinking is short of
ingenious. He can take a small effect and make it play for
a larger audience smoothly.
if the "Act Two" is even CLOSE to being as good as the first
then it would be worth the hype.

Judge Bean

Keith
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
Well said, Judge.

As you know, I am the biggest Barrie Richardson fan,
he cannot hype anywhere near enough to what
the book deserves.
To me, buying his book is a no-brainer.

Glad you enjoyed his first book.

Cheers.
Tom
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Barrie's thinking is inspiring.

I will buy Act Two the same day it comes out. Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
james_patrick
View Profile
New user
Atlanta
3 Posts

Profile of james_patrick
I attended Barrie Richardson's lecture last night. He said the new book should be out "around June 1st". His impromptu (with borrowed deck) Any Card at Any Number fried me!

A big fan of Theater of the Mind.
Patrick
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
Does anyone know where else Barrie might be lecturing soon ?

Dave
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-03-23 09:09, james_patrick wrote:
I attended Barrie Richardson's lecture last night. He said the new book should be out "around June 1st". His impromptu (with borrowed deck) Any Card at Any Number fried me!

A big fan of Theater of the Mind.
Patrick

OMG! Stop hyping! The more you do the more I want it!!!

I will definetely pre-order when available.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
Quote:
On 2005-03-22 20:46, JudgeBean wrote:
the theater of the mind?

Of course I have read it... I use one of his routines right now...
but do we need this "Café-hype-wrtiting" all the time, just relax, get out their and do some shows instead, just buy it when it comes out, then we maybe can discuss the material.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-03-25 09:31, GoranS wrote:
Quote:
the theater of the mind?

What routine is that?
Thanks! Scott B.

GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
Quote:
On 2005-03-25 10:28, scott b. wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-03-25 09:31, GoranS wrote:
Quote:
the theater of the mind?

What routine is that?

It's called The Lazy Mentalist and it's on page 152.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I don't think there's anything wrong with people expressing their excitement and anticipation of an upcoming project. Theatre of the Mind is an AWESOME book, and there is no reason to expect that Act 2 won't be every bit as good. I'd say that's fair cause for excitement.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
tsarkazim
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of tsarkazim
As luck would have it, I just joined this Café this weekend after I received my Theatre book copy last Wednesday. What I find refreshing about his style is that besides teaching you things, he causes you to think differently. Looking forward to Vol 2.
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
I just heard the news last night. Barrie mentioned it is titles Act II: Theatre of the Mind. And some 400+ pages hard bound. Early to mid June it hits the shelf. He didn't buy the suggestion that he give his home IBM ring all free sign copies...... lol. I'm getting it regardless.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Hey magictim,

GREAT NEWS! I'm already gonna start saving up for this. Any idea on how much it will run? If you see Barrie any try and ask him if he knows how much it'll be. At 400+ pages of Barrie I'm guessing a pretty penny.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Barrie Richardson Book (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL