The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Connecting IT to a Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrHonesty
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of MrHonesty
I am trying to figure out a way of connecting IT to a playing card. I'm looking for a connection that would be nearly invisible. Could wax be applied thinly enough to pass a brief inspection? Any other ideas? Thanks

Andy Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
As for inspection, let that happen before you hook up to card, then either hook up, or just switch it out for one already hooked up.

I don’t actually put that much heat on "that" card. I do some other card effect, and put the deck down, and then as an afterthought say "Oh, you probably wonder how your card got from here to there {based on whatever you did.} Let me show you." I then float the card - that I just picked up under the misdirection of putting the deck down, looking up, and turning and talking ...

I use a spot hookup that allows me to float the card parallel to the ground.

Look for a small circular spot on the back of your card (Hoyle and Bike card backs both have one right in the absolute middle of the card back, and they have enough other design variations that they provide a natural visual distraction) and attach there.

That way, your attachment doesn’t have to be thin. You can use a ball of "attaching substance" to anchor your IT. It takes practice to get a balance this way, but it is nearly invisible on the card due to the printed circle.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
clsaxn
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of clsaxn
Andy:

I know that Chris who works with Viking does a great effect with IT and a playing card.

I'm pretty sure he uses wax.

You may want to try to contact him through Viking to get his input directly.

He's a really nice guy and I'm sure would be willing to help.

-James
MrHonesty
View Profile
New user
USA
52 Posts

Profile of MrHonesty
Well I am not even familiar with "Zoom" or what the effect is. I was not asking for secrets. I was simply looking for some specific advice and not any kind of revelation. Thank you to those that responded with your suggestions.

Andy
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Don't worry about it, Andy. Folks were floating cards long before Zoom hit the market.

I use a tiny bit of wax (yellowish...nearly flesh color). This hides well on red-backs. It holds well enough to do the "helicopter" thing as long as you don't go crazy with the flick.

As someone said above, it's best to do the attachment right before you do the float. With the goods on your thumb tip (YOUR thumb, not a plastic one!) all it takes is a quick grip of the deck and the top card is set up. Feel free to PM me for more specifics if that isn't clear.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
I may suggest that the simplest method. You just scratch the wax with your nail before giving it for the inspection. It is the oldest and cleanest method, I believe.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
K-Max
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
49 Posts

Profile of K-Max
Well, this probably wouldn't pass an "in the hands" inspection, but just visually it could be killer. I use a double-thick card for my floating card routine. It really helps me get lots of spin on the thing. You could make your own card with this method and have a hole in the middle of one card for the IT. It’s an idea even if it’s not practical!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Connecting IT to a Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL