The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carpenter nail bending trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

silapmata
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of silapmata
I do not know the originator of this trick but the effect is like this:
U show 4nos of 6" long carpenter nail to audience. They pick one & yours one. They try to bend it but can't. Yours can bend easily. The secret it using g..... nail. The sad part is it only can be done once or twice. Anyway my question is The Carpenter Nightmare tricks using the same method and can it be done repeatedly without harming the gi.....?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Yes, without a doubt the Carpenters Nightmare is definitley resetable, o'er again!
the G**f is such that the nail is able to "bend" right before their eyes, whilst you hold on to it from the middle...

this trick is 2.5 stars outta 4 to me....its very visual, but ya gotta watch your angles like a hawk...ya also gotta ditch the G**f if ya wanna pass it out for examination...and it was way too pricey in my opinion.

BUT, when I was looking through a friends toolbox, and "found" a nail therein, I was able to "bend" it right before them...they still flip over that!! he had asked for "his" nail back, so I had to make it "disappear," lest I be out 24 bucks!!

Baba
David Deanie
View Profile
New user
Scotland
63 Posts

Profile of David Deanie
I was nearly miss sold this effect by a certain dealer- I was told it was a brand new method for bending! I saw it performed and thought it looked similar to a spoon bend that I new. I knew that there was a little something extra, but the principle was the exact same. It took some talking before he showed me and said that I had the basic idea-bit misleading but that is sometimes just to protect the secret.

All in all I think it is a very nice bend-on a par with Guy Bavli's spoon bending-of course with that extra something. I would say it is repeatable to the same audience but would question doing it twice in a row:

"once is magic, twice is entertainment"

I can't remember where I got that from but I like to use it as an out! Though I don't swallow the whole meanning- I want to be magical AND entertaining-the above statement almost suggests that you can be one not the other. Anyone remember who said the quote anyway?

thanks

David
ksalaz1
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of ksalaz1
I think the statement is

"Once is magic, twice is education!"

Why show the same effect over and over until they catch on? It's better to take some coins out of the pocket and do some magic with them rather than "educate" them with the same effect over and over.

KSalaz
"Master of the Obvious"
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
And thrice is a lesson.
One day I will write a book

www.jordanwaller.tumblr.com

website coming soon...
David Deanie
View Profile
New user
Scotland
63 Posts

Profile of David Deanie
Thanks for filling me in on that one! Does anyne have an idea of who said it or wrote it?

Thanks

David
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Any metal bending effect is gangbusters to me, it's popular and it's amazing and I try to do it as often as I can.

~Rick~
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
I have one of those, and I recommend a switch of the nail in the end. I mean it's examinable but it's a risk to let someone examine it if you don't switch it.
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
I would prefer other bending tricks.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
There are some interesting bending and pk effects in sean fields explicit content.mr ian rowland has a great spoon bending effect in his excellent alpha seies lecture notes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carpenter nail bending trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL