The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best Idea for sponge ball routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

silapmata
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of silapmata
Sponge Ball Magic is one of the best trick that can entertain ppl. This post is to get as many idea on the subject for the best sponge ball routine.Please feel free to advise..
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I love Jay Scott Berry's Magic of the Spheres using the Eclipse Gimmick. You show your hands empty then you produce a red sponge ball. The it becomes a green ball. Then a yellow ball. And finally a blue ball. Finally, that sponge ball also disappears and you show your hands empty once again. His performance of it is excellent. It takes some practice but it's not difficult. Petience and perseverence are key, though.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I haven't really looked into any routines- I really need too, but Dean Dill has a nice routine. Check out his site, http://www.deandill.com , its very innovative, and cool. You might want to check it out.
IMHO
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
I still use the routine from Mark Wilson's Complete Course...with a minor change. I don't like the pocket penetration, but other than that I use the routine as written and it plays beautifully...
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
magicsarge
View Profile
New user
Northamptonshire, Great Britain
79 Posts

Profile of magicsarge
I use a routine which is straight out of a Pat Page video, I'm not sure if it is credited to anyone else though?
Pretty standard stuff, but plays well....one becomes 2, then I do the 10 count, then 1 for me 1 for the spectator and of course they all end up in spectators hand, then 2 become 3, then into the 2 in the pocket 1 in the hand thing a couple of times and finish with the spectator holding out thier hand expecting me to place 3 balls in there again but of course my hand is empty and it gives me a quick oppotunity to shake thier hand and say thank you very much Smile
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Greg's routine with the sponge napkins can be easily changed for real sponge balls.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
I use a routine based on Mark Leveridge Master Routine. It's not going to slay magicians but it plays tremendously in any type of show.
BrucUK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of BrucUK
<<I use a routine based on Mark Leveridge Master Routine>> - I have also just started using this routine, with a couple of changes to handling. Unfortunately it's not sold as a seperate item, you have to buy the whole book to get it, but it's nice.
Rgds - Bruce
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
I use Kenton Knepper's sponge ball routine in close up and unpublished. it uses no gimmicks and you can show ur hands empty and make sponge balls appear and you can also make a ball vanish in the spectators had and they feel it when the ball leaves.
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
Quote:
On 2005-02-06 08:32, lil_magic wrote:
I use Kenton Knepper's sponge ball routine in close up and unpublished. it uses no gimmicks and you can show ur hands empty and make sponge balls appear and you can also make a ball vanish in the spectators had and they feel it when the ball leaves.

I just bought this on eBay and I can't wait to get it. I understand Kenton's sponge ball work is great!
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hmmmm call me a sucker but I LOVE the rabbits! They make sense, are very cute, and extremely magical. Not only that, but they also have a very commercial ending that also makes some sort of sense. People absolutely SCREAM and yell with amazement when they open their hands. I use the 3-D bunnies but I just bought a bubble pack of the Adams Bunnies...just because I love them so much!
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Mark Wilson's routine is my favourite.

The fact it can be done as a full routine, or just small parts is something I like.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best Idea for sponge ball routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL