The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Kabuki confetti with fire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ste
View Profile
New user
Italy
70 Posts

Profile of Ste
Hi to all.

I’d like to create an “explosion” of confetti at the end of my show and I already know about kabuki.
But I think that instead of using the CO gas to burst out the confetti one can use the push given from flash cotton ignited. Is this a good idea? There are some problems with the possibilities to create fire from the confetti?
And any one of you try to build some prop to obtain a “firework of confetti”?

Thank you for your interest.
Ste
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Just off the top of my head, I would say be very careful with this concept.

The risk is that the material/confetti could ignite and rather than simply burn and/or give the desired effect, you could get an uncontrolled airborne explosion. It would definitely depend on the materials, but bears extreme caution.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
If you use fire resistant confetti and paper products from Theatre Effects it will be ok to use a little flash cotton.
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
I'd be pretty careful. You can probably find something that will do the job at Theatre Effects.

http://www.theatrefx.com/cybershop/main.html

Thinking "out of the box is a specialty of mine, and I've just come up with a zinger (I think).

Load the confetti into a container (say a tin can of suitable size. Pretty it up with spray paint and decals, etc.).

Cut a hole in the can that is away from the audience.

Insert a balloon into the can and inflate
it as much as you can. Adjust the balloon so a portion is exposed through the hole.

Fill the rest of the can with confetti.

Jab the part of the balloon that is sticking out of the can with a pin, cigarette, or whatever.

POP! Instant snowstorm.

I just dreamed this up, and never tried it, but I think it would work.

Smile
"Pick any card. NOT that one!!!"
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I don't know if this would fit into your show, but I always like the idea of palming something in your hand. Then pretending you're choking, you cough into your hand and out comes the confetti or whatever as if you just coughed them up. There are quite a few applications for this with various items, including smoke and eating livestock. Smile
RS Magic(NL)
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
25 Posts

Profile of RS Magic(NL)
Hi there,

Everything you want can be found at
http://www.lemaitrefx.com

There are a few options for your idea.
Look at the movie section (streamers) and you can have a big loud bang that ends with confetti or streamers!
It is possible to hang it on a truss system or to shoot it in the air from the ground.

It is not cheap but professional and (very important) safe! The ignition is with 12 volt.

I hope I have helped you.

Regards,

Richard

***Sorry for my terrible English. I am a Dutch magician.****
zigmont
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of zigmont
This is a pyro effect and will need to be treated like all other pyro effects.
Zigmont
Magic F/X
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Fantastic idea, Ste.

And you guys have posted some of the great sites. This seems like a good site for those who love this stuff to add to their act.

http://www.lemaitrefx.com
and
http://www.theatrefx.com/cybershop/main.html

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Kabuki confetti with fire (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL