We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tim Conover » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I have something to say to Mr. "MT".
It has been suggested by many in the psychological field that when one berates another that they are, in fact, showing how they feel about themselves. I wonder MT if you have some sort of deep regret about your performing capabilities (and for the armchairs reading this, yes I do have regrets about my own). The manner and language of your attacks to a member of this forum show a lack of tack and maturity on your part. I would ask that if you do not wish to be a productive part of this topic, then please refrain from participation. As to your statement that you can and will say whatever you please, remember this: We come here and participate at the sufferance and whim of Mr. Brooks and Co. It is through his aegis that we come here to enjoy courteous and civil discussions concerning the art and practice of magic. This forum is not a democracy where you may say whatever you wish about whomever you like. It is a tyranny in the greatest definition of the word. Mr. Brooks has stated what is allowable within his (this) forum and your attacks have, in my own opinion, crossed over that threshold. I do not have any wish to read this on my own time. I have to put up with enough negativity at work. And, yes, I know I do NOT have to come here at all, but I wish to. I also do NOT have to put up with attacks such as these and WILL report them if any others show up from you. Have a good day and let's just try to co-exist if we can't get along.

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2005-02-12 18:35, MentaThought wrote:

I appreciate your words, although I mainly disagree with them.
At the same time, I have no intention of allowing a stunningly thin-skinned Café participant (no matter who he is), nor any of his toadies, to restrict my expressing my opinions because he can't accept anything but adulation and b***-kissing.
If Osterlind decides to take his Sweet & Low packets, glasses of water and paper bags and go home in a huff that's his prerogative.

I think you are missing the point MentaThought. The offense was taken because you belittled the stage that someone worked on, if you were to do that to me I might take offence too. I doubt that would make me thin-skinned, although I do not know what other instances you have had dealings with Richard so maybe there is more to the story than meets the eye.

I am not a fan of censorship so I agree that you have the right to express your opinions, however, to express those for the sole purpose of pushing someones buttons to respond in a negative way is considered trolling and bad netiquette.

I can see why Richard Osterlind might have taken offence at what you said, and quite frankly your viewpoint was totally wrong. These people that do trade show work do it because they are in business. I have the luxury of doing shows because I want to do them and not because I have to do them to pay the bills. Not everyone can be as talented as me in other areas so they put their skills to good use in a well paid environment.

Maybe you have been turned down for corporate work or you just aren't good enough, although it is likely you will respond saying you are but being the internet I can choose to not believe that. You talk about sycophants and toadies, when in fact what you are seeing are people that have been helped in the past by Richard, or people that work in the same environment, taking offence at your presentation of the argument.

So is the point of your posts to put down corporate mentalism or to wind up Richard Osterlind? I suspect the latter.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tim Conover » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL