The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » RATED - R by Sean Field (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Hahaha! Thanks for the consideration, tuffnavyrn!

I am hoping to have the books in my dirty little hands next week. I will keep you posted.

Sean
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Awaiting the good news Sean.
-Brian
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Still keepin' it alive all! Sorry if this is getting old but I'm a huge fan of Seans' work and I want to ensure this thread goes so others will notice this.
Brian-
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Wow..You seem too much of a Sean fan.
Maybe you are having an adverse effect. I saw the thread having a red cup and clicked on it and I see a stupid post. And in the future when I see it, I would ignore it.
To believe is Magic.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I don't see anything wrong in being a fan of Sean.

Yes, maybe that the excessive enthusiasm tuffnavyrn is showing has some reverse effect on you... Yet, you are as free to ignore this thread as tuffnavyrn is free to post in it.

And, btw, people who ignore this thread will be bound to perform Corinda's "De Profundis" with the old big box, the long piece of thick rope and the plate-lifter...

This is just a hint for those few people who know! Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Not going to sit here and spat like a little schoolgirl with harishjose over enthusiasm for a particular individuals performance pieces. Sorry if you've clicked to see something new and you felt you read a stupid post (sorry if it took 10 seconds out of your important, hectic life to read).....well, stupid is as stupid does (after all you did reply with a stupid post yourself harishjose) so next time just ignore it and things will be better for us all. Enough bickerin' about trivial things! Let's get back to magic! :0)
Brian-
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Well, the designer has the book in her hands, and should be finished with it VERY soon. The editting will be done shortly as well. The printing itself should not take very long at all either.

All in all, I would venture to say this will be available by month's end.

Thank you to all those interested, and I hope you enjoy this book as much as you did Explicit Content.

By the way, the NEW TITLE for the book will be X-RATED, a title suggested to me by our friend, Dr. Zodiac. Thanks Doc!!!!

As Paolo has hinted at, he has submitted an effect called Corinda 2K5, which is a vast improvement on an effect known as De Profundis from 13 Steps. Paolo has taken the idea, and streamlined it such that the effect is cleaner, more direct, and more LOGICAL in appearance. This effect could very well be worth the price of the book alone, to workers!

There is a lot of solid material inside, far more than appears on the surface. With many effects, I offer variants on the effect, or the underlying principle. As an example, in Glimmer, I explain how to use the Glimmer Device for cards as the main effect, but I also explain in less detail, that this could be used for a book test as well.

There really is a lot of material to work with in this book, and I hope that you DO work with it. Don't just perform the effects as I describe them, take bits and pieces of each effect or method, and develop your own effects and presentations based on what you learn.

I hope you all enjoy X-Rated.

Sean
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Any news?
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Wow, someone dug this thread up from the depths!

Yes, Mike Giusti has the manuscript at the moment, and is just finishing the editting. The actual printing should start early next week, Monday or Tuesday. Having said that, I am fairly confident that it should be shipped to dealers in about a week.

Sean
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Sean,
So about that break you were going to ponder for the magic Café forum members that wish to order directly from you? I too am glad someone dug this up from the depths. Last time I attempted to keep this thread alive I got a touch of negativity from someone....see above posts. Anyhow, it's alive and kicking!
Brian-
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Okay. I have decided to NOT take pre-orders on this book. This isn't because I don't want to 'hook up' my friends and supporters here at the Café, it is just because of the fiasco that occurred when I took pre-orders on Explicit Content.

For those who care, when I took the pre-orders on EC, the minute I saw the 'Payment Recieved' notice, I sent out the book. However, due to the postal service (and no doubt, the title of the book), there were instances where people didn't recieve their book until up to 3 weeks after the actual release! This meant had they NOT pre-ordered with me, and ordered from a dealer, they would have had their copy sooner!

This is nothing I am proud of, but it occured, and because of this, I am hesistant to take pre-orders again.

Having said all this, the good news is the books should be ready to ship by the end of the week!

Sean
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Alright, for those of you interested, X-Rated has been shipped to the wholesaler, and should be available at finer magic dealers everywhere within a few days.

Sean
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1154 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Sean,

How much will it be?
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
X-Rated will sell for $30.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thanks Sean!
Brian-
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
No problem!
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
134 Posts

Profile of FADE
ALRIGHT!!! The book I've been waiting for is finally on sale ...I've been very interested in Sean's work and have seen him progressed in the 'ranks' of mentalism and magic. Although I've only contacted him only once (PM) to tell him that his knowledge on mentalism and magic is superbly enriching and inspirational to me. Best of luck to you Sean and thank you much for sharing your thoughts with another astounding book. May I just add that I'm always anxious to see what Sean comes up with next. I'm always astonished. As soon as I 'round up' enough funds, X-Rated shall be in my dirty little hands as well.

Fade
"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change."
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
891 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Wow!

I am humbled that someone thinks so highly of my work, it really is inspirational.

I hope I do not dissapoint with X-Rated, as it is miles away from Explicit Content. The material is not so focused on PK (although there are a few effects of that nature). The material is also much easier to grasp; it isn't as 'out there' as some people felt Explicit Content was.

I have also tried to write the book in such a way as to encourage multiple readings. There are effects and ideas hidden within the effects and ideas.

I hope you guys like it.

Sean
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
134 Posts

Profile of FADE
I'm positively sure I will. I hope to get both Explicit Contents & X-Rated very soon! I was just thinking about it last night...it's a darn shame that the finer magic shops out where I live are nothing more than shops of gizmos, gadgets, and too many commercial effects of all kinds - lacking great literature of ideas that would benefit any performer - professional and amatuers alike. Explicit Contents & X-Rated ( for the most part - after reading the reviews) are 2 books, I beleive, ARE A MUST for anyone who's looking for offbeat mentalism effects - and Sean - if and when you see this may I just say that your knowledge IS OFF THE WALL - keep up the great work!!!

David
"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » RATED - R by Sean Field (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL