The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mentalism in kids shows??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
On this subject: I have just finished that last details of a new kid's mentalism effect called KiDSONIC that may be on interest to you...The kit contains a handheld easel and 5 giant colorful cards. 4 of the cards are of grumpy old men, and one card is of a happy young child. The cards are mixed and putinto the easel and the birthday child (for example), being as lucky as they are on their birthday, will always choose the lucky, happy card, and win a prize.

A Birthday banknight effect is easy with no forces, no gimmicks (just the 5 gaffed cards)...all free choices. Again, the BDC wins the prize.

The instructions also include an easy way to bump up the trick into a rambunctious, fun No-force Chair Prediction for kids. Again, free choices, very direct, no envelopes, etc, just numbers on the chairs. Frees you up for your presentation.

The setup is also very easy to present with safety talks, gospel magic, etc.

The name of theeffect wsill lead yo to its easy methodology, and pics can be seen on Hocus-Pocus. I assume other shops will carry it also.

I hope this effect meets with you approval and that kid's magicians get much use out of it.

The trick

Not to extend this plug too much further, but the trick also comes with an extra card that you use in a No-Smoking thing that you then explain to the kids, then hand out as a freebie for the kids to take home and show the folks at home who smoke. You also get a master Sheet on this one that you can print out on your computer, making the giveaways very inexpensive.

Hope you like it. Kidsonic. A very easy way to add fun mentalism to any show. You get the easel, 5 super full color cards all nicely gaffed, a 6th for the Smoking trick, the Master sheet and full instructions.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
Entertainment is the key with mentalism, comedy, bizarre or kid/family shows.

Somewhere in my magic dungeon collection I have an old pamphlet on Mentalism for Kids.

I don't have experience with this area. For years I have been thinking about a ventriloquism routine utilizing mentalism of some type. I want it to start out as being a parody, and then wow them. Probably middle school kids and above. I have been reading things like Theatre of the Mind,(can't remember author) and Psychological Subtleties,(Banaceck) for inspiration and ideas.

Sleightly off topic.

Has anyone gotten the email showing 100 symbols. Then you pick a number 1- 100 .(Say 86) then you add the two digits (8 + 6 =14) and subtract it from your original number 86 - 14 = 72 You look at the symbol associated with your number.(72)

You hit the crystal ball and it shows the symbol...

Very interesting.

If you want a link

write me at

Harris.deutsch@leesummit.k12.mo.us

Be safe, well and entertaining

You are all appreciated by,

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Thanks for that link PBJones... what a great idea!! I could see THAT mentalism routine working for kids.

I still think for entertainement value, the kids would much rather see something dissepear or float than to "reveal their thoughts". Are you saying a whole show on mentalism would work for kids? Cause I don't think so at all. But maybe one or two effects TOPS like the link PB posted would play well..

Ps... what happens after 50 posts?? I am no longer a magic Café virgin?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Eric, Animmental by Danny Archer involves animals. There are four cards with very colorful animals on each. The kid/adult thinks of one of the animals and you tell them which one. With some play it can be a true miracle with both kids and adults.

I don't perform it in all shows but its an excellent filler or strolling effect.

PS: 50 posts allows entry into Secret Sessions.

Dr Faust writes:

Another mentalism trick I have found to be very effective for this age is also very simple. Just make them think you have predicted their choice, through elimination and force, of course. I simply put four or more markers before them, have them pick three, two or whatever, narrowing it down to the one which I have predicted in a folded piece of paper. Whereas most adults will quickly see the elimination process, kids do not.

Dr Faust, are you referring to magicians choice or equivoque? I use this for my adults and have never been busted. Max Maven and many others do also. It works on adults just as well.
graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
One of my puppets does mentalism.

all the kids think of something then the pupppets is going to tell me what they are thinking
after some stonkingly hilarious bits of business I ask 'what are they thinking' and he replies ' they think you're stupid'
not the biggest laugh but it always gets one
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1092 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Thanks for all the replies guys,I really apperciate it.

Mac Stone
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mentalism in kids shows??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL