The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » You Know You Are Becoming A Mentalist When.... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4187 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Smilewhats that supposed to mean?
xxx
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
...when you refuse to look at the drawing your child brought home from school until you've had a chance to duplicate it in front of the entire family.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2124 Posts

Profile of gabelson
You keep a can of "Dull-Kote" on the kitchen table...

-I'm sorry... that's how you know you're becoming a REDNECK mentalist.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
When you see the humor in a thread like this. Smile
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
When you know that the "Gilbreath Principle" is a thing of "astonishing beauty."
Frank
polkablues
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
121 Posts

Profile of polkablues
When you play poker with three friends, and all four of you keep getting flushes, in CHaSeD order.
Sean Gleaves
1982-2068 (see how impressed you'll all be if I'm correct)
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1248 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
…when the bank notes from your wallet have the same serial number.

Come on guys, don’t let the tread die, it’s so funny…
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2124 Posts

Profile of gabelson
You sell all your coin gaffs and go spend the proceeds at Office Depot.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
While looking at the eye chart, you announce to your optometrist that he is a Scorpio.

Or you understand why the above is funny.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On 2006-12-18 15:44, Mind_Magic wrote:
…when the bank notes from your wallet have the same serial number.

Come on guys, don’t let the tread die, it’s so funny…

Or when you are constantly looking for one dollar bills with only three different numerals! (For the Larry becker fans)!

Sean
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
You know you are becoming a Mentalist when...'You do not refer to YOURSELF as a Mentalist,however,through your performance people begin to refer to you as a person with a special ability,or similar characterisations[or even a Mentalist]'.

Personally,I try not use descriptive terms fo myself with my guests.When I was a Magician only,I alway's called my self a Magical entertainer.I left it up to them to use the term Magician.I still call myself a Magical Entertainer,even though 3/4 of what I do is mentalism related.

This is just the way I approach things...and I in no way mean that if you do the opposite,you are wrong.

Best.

Rich
Omid
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
332 Posts

Profile of Omid
1. Wherever your are invited for dinner, the host's foremost concern is the safety of his spoons (and you use his distraction for peeking his billet).
2. You have injured yourself doing a fork bending during the past 30 days.
3. You have said "I don't have psychic powers" at least 30 times during the past two days.
4. You never trim your middle fingernail completely, and you hate digital watches.
5. You understood the previous point.
6. In your cellphone you have the same person stored under a dozen different names.
7. Nobody plays poker with you.
8. You know that DB doesn't stand for 'database' or 'decibel'.
9. Playing a word association game, you associate the word "scientist" with "Banachek".
10. You spend more time reading this forum than working on your PhD thesis.
11. When teaching computer science at the university, you use your students as guinea pigs for testing various psychological influences (and amaze yourself finding out how much of Banachek's Psychological Subtleties actually works).
13. You almost choke yourself to death reading the posts in this topic while drinking your cup of tea with a bent spoon besides it, and post a reply as you are still coughing...
14. When counting, you jump from number 11 to 13, and are certain that nobody noticed the missing 12 (did you?).

Omid.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4187 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Omid -- very nice
xxx
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
870 Posts

Profile of e-man
When your friends say,You used to be so FUNNY...What happened..?
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2124 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Tax time arrives, and your accountant asks why there's no "memory" button on your calculator.

The electric bill, the rent bill, the gas bill, the cable bill and the trash bill are spread out on the kitchen table. You tell your wife to put her left hand on one of the bills... and then her right hand on another... then you sweep aside the remaining bills.

Before entering your house, you give your wife a brandy snifter with 7 keys in it, telling her that only one will open the front door. Then, she pulls out a gun and shoots you. But you catch the bullet.

Your wife gives you an ultimatum - "It's either me, or mentalism" ...and you ask, "What were those choices again?"

Posted: Dec 21, 2006 3:32am
--------------------------------------------
Every time your wife walks in the room and sees you looking at a green website on the computer, she makes a disgusted "uggh" sound, and walks out in a huff.

-Can you tell we have some issues?
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
870 Posts

Profile of e-man
When your wife says,"Do you wanna spoon?
And you reply...Do have any that aren't bent..?
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
..when you leave a note for the mailman, you fold it and then -- you can't help yourself! -- you switch it with a dummy note.
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2006-12-21 03:32, gabelson wrote:
Everytime your wife walks in the room and sees you looking at a green website on the computer, she makes a disgusted "uggh" sound, and walks out in a huff.

-Can you tell we have some issues?

I have seen and heard that before.
polkablues
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
121 Posts

Profile of polkablues
...rather than sticking notes for you on the fridge, your girlfriend simply writes them down, tears them up, and burns the pieces, assuming you'll pick up the message.
Sean Gleaves
1982-2068 (see how impressed you'll all be if I'm correct)
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2124 Posts

Profile of gabelson
You walk past the fridge, and your ring sticks to the door.

And speaking of rings...

You're on the alter, about to get married... you suddenly tell the ring-bearer to imagine that one of his hands is the "truth-teller" and the other's the "liar"

...You honeymoon alone. But you entertain the heck out of the hotel guests.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » You Know You Are Becoming A Mentalist When.... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL