The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » You Know You Are Becoming A Mentalist When.... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
You own many thin little booklets that cost an absolute fortune. In these books, a chapter is made up of 1 or 2 pages. These books are always in black and white...never in color.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
Captain Haddock
View Profile
New user
The Far Side Of the Moon
22 Posts

Profile of Captain Haddock
Quote:
On 2005-02-08 02:49, 7th_Son wrote:
You own many thin little booklets that cost an absolute fortune. In these books, a chapter is made up of 1 or 2 pages. These books are always in black and white...never in color.

And they are usually written by Kenton Knepper...
Magic Blinds
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Magic Blinds
You stop getting excited about XXX adult movies and get excited that Richard Ostrelind has a New DVD out.
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Along the same lines of what Juan D wrote, you also leave the ash tray in a bar full of torn business cards.
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
- You have this weird habit of nail-nicking every business card that you give away
- One of your finger nails isn't evenly cut
- "Just Do It" becomes your favorite slogan
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
You compulsively detail, out loud, every action you've just taken with someone:

"Ok. So what just happened? I walked into your 7-11. I removed a regular five dollar bill from my pocket. I gave it to you, Sanjay. And we've never met before. You took the bill, gave me my Altoids, and my change. Now you have my money and I have your Altoids. Thank You! (Smile, raise eyebrows, with both arms stretched with upward palms.)
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
You sign everything with a swami, browse the wallet/business card section of the department store BEFORE electronics and leave the house with your SUC but forget your keys! Smile
DaveS
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
...you constantly ask those close to you if they'd like to change their mind.

- entity
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
You spend time thinking of new words that you can write down in order to add variety to your peeking practice.
Hello.
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Or you try to forget which ones youve written, so you genuinely don't know what it says..
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
-Whenever you read a magazine you memorize the important stuff incase you are tested on it later.

-You screw up your signature on a creditcard slip, and center tear it for later.

-You peak at the first word on the next page while reading Harry Potter.

-While driving you hold one hand out in front of you to sense what's on the road ahead.

-You start to wear heavy make-up, cut your hair in a dramatic widdow's peak, grow a bizzare goate, wear all black, and become synonomous with the term ubercreepy.
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
Bennettjc
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
257 Posts

Profile of Bennettjc
Gimmicks and gaffs become utility devices, aids, and equipment.

Tricks become experiments or demonstrations.

"Specs" become participants or subjects.
Magic Blinds
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Magic Blinds
You constantly spend hours reading thru The Magic Café and the mentalism forums waiting for Banachek to Post some insider information.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
You get arrested and while being questioned try to explain that you were simply writing a girls phone number in your pocket to impress her...
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
You know your becoming a mentalist when...
You already know what's in the "You Know You Are Becoming A Mentalist When" thread without reading it...

But then again you already knew that

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
You constantly spend hours reading thru The Magic Café and the mentalism forums waiting for Banachek to Post some insider information.

On 2005-02-08 18:45, Living Illusions wrote:
You know your becoming a mentalist when...
You already know what's in the "You Know You Are Becoming A Mentalist When" thread without reading it...

King Of Hearts

or when you use the one ahead method on a message board!
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Quote:
On 2005-02-08 13:09, Craig Leonard wrote:
Or you try to forget which ones youve written, so you genuinely don't know what it says..

HA!
:lol: Smile Smile
Hello.
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2005-02-08 10:18, Bennettjc wrote:
You compulsively detail, out loud, every action you've just taken with someone:

"Ok. So what just happened? I walked into your 7-11. I removed a regular five dollar bill from my pocket. I gave it to you, Sanjay. And we've never met before. You took the bill, gave me my Altoids, and my change. Now you have my money and I have your Altoids. Thank You! (Smile, raise eyebrows, with both arms stretched with upward palms.)

LOL! That's great!

You're the only one on your block who'd be willing to bet $100 that "Chan Canasta" isn't a Chinese board game.
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
You refuse to buy a document shredder because you "need to keep in practice."

You tear up a sheet from any note pad you are about to buy to see which way the grain goes.

You get all hot and bothered whenever you walk into a Staples. You also never leave Staples with only one item. Or a wallet with any money in it.

Your wallet never has any cash in it as it's a "utility device" and you don't want it to warp.

You carry a pocket secretary-style wallet even is Bermuda Shorts.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Quote:
On 2005-02-08 18:28, gambituk1 wrote:
You get arrested and while being questioned try to explain that you were simply writing a girls phone number in your pocket to impress her...

LOL. This is my favourite.

...When people get all nervous when you stare at them.

...when the best compliment you receive is, "You are freaking me out!!!"
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » You Know You Are Becoming A Mentalist When.... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL