The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » You Know You Are Becoming A Mentalist When.... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
When your index and middle fingers constantly touches your temple.
When you stroke your imaginary beard.
When a magician friend drops a card, you magnificently blurt out the words," what card were you thinking of?'"

Peace,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
You know you are becoming a mentalist when.....

You stop posting on this board for the general public, card tricksters, and wannabe mentalists to read.
delbmarcs
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of delbmarcs
When you start listening for sounds in words that sound like sounds from other words. then remembering them, and the context of the current communication, as well as the future intention for playing with aforementioned sounds.

juggling
The thing about doing the impossible is that you've got no competition.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
When you find yourself formulating predictions for headline hurls when reading the paper or listening to the news.

When you find yourself looking eagerly for news of "hits" on your dire predictions.

When you refer to normal (non-Tarot) decks of cards as "muggle decks."

Yours,

Paul
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
When you find yourself looking through every paperback book in your library for the ones that you can use in an "impromptu" book test to force a certain word or phrase.

When you wind up cutting up the envelopes you just bought at Staples and tell your wife that they are now "important."

You and your wife are always finishing other people's sentences and then asking - "Right?"

You carry a pendulum and don't think that it's off.

Your thumbnail has a permenant nick in it's center and your manicurist leaves it there on your instructions.

You can cock either eyeborw, and do it automatically, depending on which side the lighting is coming from, even at a toll booth at night.

You read your snail mail by putting the unopened envelopes to your forehead...

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Bosko
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Bosko
...when a "13 Steps..." is a kind of your personal bible!!!
Angela
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
190 Posts

Profile of Angela
If you're a student like me, you know when:

Your classrooms at school have strange fork sculptures on display.

You try desperately to make studying entertaining by using it as a mnemonic exercise for your extraordinary mind power.

You pick up on pencil strokes of the people taking notes in front of you.

The only reason you take interest in your teacher's lecture on basidiocarps is because it helps you practice lip reading.

People ask you to use your powers to change their GPA.

You regret the fact that you're far too moral to use your abilities to get a better test grade.

You practice suggestion and anchoring techniques on your classmates and they don't even know it.

Quote:
On 2005-02-08 00:41, Juan D wrote:
Your paper bin gets quickly filled with torn and folded index cards and papers usually containing a single hand written word.

Nice-- mine does!
TGENTLE
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, AL
86 Posts

Profile of TGENTLE
... when you can't drive without a blindfold.
<rimshot>

tg
JoaoPedro
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon - Portugal
179 Posts

Profile of JoaoPedro
I knew it yesterday when my girlfriend told me that durimg night I said something like "Think of a three digit number...". Jesus I'm really getting obsessed!
João Pedro
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
- You knew that "Barq has bite" before the kid tells you.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
MagoStevo
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of MagoStevo
When the fork and spoon around the table has bent!
or
when you start to say:"concentrate on your thought,burn them into memory...now repeat it in your mind.....five....five of ...five of hearts",rather "pick a card,any card....let me find it.....hey,is that your card,five of hearts?"
or
you start to put your finger near your forehead like Banachek (please don't get offended,i am your fan!),when you doing magic act.....rather doing some crazy flourish with cards or coin.
and ultimately,
someone say:"hey,that guy over there,he is crazy,he could read mind,i still can't believe it..."
rather than "hey Mr.Magician,come over,show my fren some tricks,remember the one you showed me last week,all the aces change to kings........."
Never ever have bad thought,you never know who is listening....
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
You can't get into your own car because your keys are all bent... and suddenly, they aren't bent anymore!

You get mad that you can't use a hotelroom key for your "mental exercise" because the plastic cards keep breaking instead of bending.

Your horse at the track is always one-ahead!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
dyddanwy
View Profile
Regular user
Chester. UK
108 Posts

Profile of dyddanwy
Quote:
On 2005-02-07 14:53, hemisphere wrote:
Your friends mock you saying things like "Let's go get a drink...a drink that starts with a B...is that right? Beer? Did I get it?"
~ ~
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
You've just finished reading Mitch Albom's "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" and find yourself wishing you could meet Alexander, Dunninger, Koran, Annemann and Hoy.

When you're asked which five people currently alive you'd most like to have dinner with you respond, "Kreskin, Banachek, Richard Osterlind, Max Maven and Marc Salem." Smile

DaveS
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
... when the only Brown that comes to mind is Derren.

... when the only Becker that comes to mind is Larry.

... when the only Goldman that comes to mind is Bill.

... when the only Cassidy that comes to mind is Bob.

... when the only Lesley that comes to mind is Ted.

... when the only Shaw that comes to mind is Steve.

... and so on ...
JoaoPedro
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon - Portugal
179 Posts

Profile of JoaoPedro
1. When you instantaneously ask for a pen when someone gives you their business card.
2. When you shut the TV sound so that you can practice your NLP skills, muscle reading and stuff...
3. When you have a monologue while talking to a friend (always asking to the questions he was supposed to answer).
João Pedro
iMagic
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of iMagic
(i'm a student so this one fits)
when you have to take a multiple choice test and the only pencil you have is a swami
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
The Police starts to pay you several visits a week requesting help with some cold cases.
:heckno:
Angela
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
190 Posts

Profile of Angela
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 10:36, JoaoPedro wrote:
When you instantaneously ask for a pen when someone gives you their business card.

...And your mouth waters when there's a good watch on the spectator's wrist...

This one happened today:
When your teacher tells you not to hypnotize him and make him leave the classroom during the test because he's hungry or has to go to the bathroom... and someone chimes in that you should make him lock himself out. Smile
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
My girlfriend thinks I am a mentalist. We go to a movie and she asks what will happen. In fact, I think most women think that most men in the relationships are mentalists. You always have to figure out what the are thinking or meant.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » You Know You Are Becoming A Mentalist When.... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL