The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Card Manipulations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgoober
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicgoober
I am very happy to have finally found a great dvd to learn card manipulations. I've always stayed away from card manipulation because I thought it was impossible to do. Thankfully for Christmas my wife got me Tony Clark's award winning card routine dvd. He really explains his whole routine! I don't why he's giving his act away but I'm not complaining. It's been a lot of fun so far. Next I want to get into billard ball manip. Can any one recommend a good dvd for this? Is there even one out there?
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Before you dive into billiard ball manipulation- might I suggest purchasing McBrides Manipulation DVDs/VHS series. Both McBride Card Manipulations Volumes 1-3, and Jeff McBrides Manipulations Volumes 1-3. I prefer the Manipulations, over the card manip videos. All the volumes though have great material! Even billiard ball material- some of the best. Canada's top manipulator, Romaine- just recently put out a manip. video. The material is excellent- his routine is flawless. But you just simply learn his routine- which I don't necessarily do; always mold to your own performance style; when pertaining to manip. Jeff Sheridan also has three DVDs out pertaining to his magic in New York City. Volume 2- covers his card manip. act. Once again- flawless and perfected! But don't forget about books! Routined Card Manipulations 1-2, Routined Ball Manip. The Tarbell Book of Magic Volume 3 has a section on card manipulation. And Tarbell Course in Magic Volume 2; has a ball manipulation routine/moves that should be learnt. Hope this helps. Keep in touch- PM me if you need any more advice; there's lots more that I could cover.

Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
magicgoober
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicgoober
I do have the McBride dvds but I was a little overwhelmed with all the moves. I just want a basic routine with a beginning middle and end. Tony Clark's card manip DVD is a little easier to follow and I feel I can actually make my own routine from what I learned. Perhaps after I master this one I can move on to more difficult material.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I have the McBride serries of Card Manipulation, and it is fabulous, I still have trouble mannipulating more than a couple cards, but the videos have great incite, and aid. I too, suggest that you look into theose videos.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Cheif_Magi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Cheif_Magi
Yes I have to agree about McBrides Manipulation videos. Even though I only have his Card DVDs the teaching is so good and I use it whenever I ned a reference to card appearence.
~~Chris
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
McBride also has a new DVD/Book combo for beginning manipulators which rivals the tony Clark one...it's called Manipulation Without Tears and can be purchased from his website or through your own favorite magic dealer (i got mine thru Hocus Pocus).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Card Manipulations (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL