The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Magic Hands Silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Manfred Thumm used to put out some gorgeous silks, but since the demise of Magic Hands these seem no longer available.

Does anyone know a source of these silks and the various blendos etc. that used to be produced?
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe Mephisto Haus in Belguim purchased some of the products. Their products pop up here and there. Dave Cressey of mouth coil fame dealer is the only one that had some of Magic Hands products. Maybe you could email him and ask.
distrikt magic
View Profile
New user
Zurich / Berlin
10 Posts

Profile of distrikt magic
Hi –

this French shop has some Magic Hands leftovers (including silks) for sale:

http://www.magix-okaz.com/accueil/cadre_accueil.htm

(Go to > TOURS,
and then > MAGIC HANDS).

Martin
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Hank Moorehouse might still have a few things also. Magic Hands blendos were pretty. I just wish they would have put a better hem on them.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
You guys are amazing!

Thank you very much for your help.

Yes Richard I agree the black hems on all the silks were somewhat distracting ( I believe it was just a simple "overlock" stitch which doesn't hold up to wear and tear).
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
pepomagic
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of pepomagic
I am also interested in some of the magic hands items, like the spoted parasol. That was a effect like the polka dot silk but with a parasol and the color changing records that the magic hands use to sell.

Let me know if somebody knows about this.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-02-10 19:46, hugmagic wrote:
Hank Moorehouse might still have a few things also. Magic Hands blendos were pretty. I just wish they would have put a better hem on them.

As a silk importer, I will tell you that a good hem costs more than the silk in many silks. And not everyone can sew with silk.

Old silks are never allowed to die, especially the art silks. Every magician needs to own a bottle of clear fingernail polish to dot on fraying corners. (When it is the whole hem, it is decision time. But there is always eBay.)

As an aging magician, I catch myself wanting more of what I had instead of the new patterns. It cetainly makes the "toys" cost more!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Magic Hands Silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL