The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cicardi's Q&A act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
EvilDan...the fellow that makes all of those absolutely beautiful wallets, offers something called the "Pocket Psi-Graphico" wallet which you can perform the Cicardi Q&A routine. Anyone here know of this or perhaps even own this item ?

If you could get back to me on that, I'd appreciate it.

~Rick~
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Charles Scott's (stage name "Cicardi") masterpiece was originally published as Psi-Graphico -- The $60,000 Act in Magick #412, pp. 2057-2062. Further notes and ideas on Psi-Graphico can be found in Magick #465, pp. 2327-2328 (a Bonus Insert). You might also be interested that two issues previously (#463), Dr. Scott penned Eddie Fields' Dime-Store Mental Act (nicely describing Eddie's great routine), and several have noted the suitability of the Psi-Graphico prop for accomplishing this as well.

Lee Earle, as I recall, produced a commercial version of it... not inexpensive, though it saved you the (not that difficult) job of making it up yourself. It's also described in Chapter Two of John Rigg's The Compleat Fortune Teller (pp. 55-63). John's version, while eminently worth reading, takes the concept in a somewhat different direction. Ray Piatt used to make the prop now available from EvilDan. An authorized version of the routine was also included with Alan Zingg's Theta Portfolio (though I doubt you could find one). And probably elsewhere.

I have the original Magick, and not the bound reprints, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's in the final volume of the latter, as Magick ceased publication (following Bascomb's untimely death in 1994) with issue #496 (or #497 if you count--as many do--the wonderfully touching "final issue" published by Marc Sky).

Have a look if you get the opportunity... an act that could earn $60,000/year in 1991 is worth some scrutiny.

... Doug
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Rick...

I own an original "Pocket Psi-Graphico" (P-G) made by Ray Piatt... it's basically a Z-fold wallet (Ray calls it the "Piatt Flip Case") designed to help you in performing the "P-G" routine without using a larger portfolio or padfolio... I usually carry one in my suit coat pocket as the routine is very powerful and with something small like this can be done almost anywhere... the routine that comes with the "Pocket" version is by Steve Brehe and he has modified "P-G" to work with the flip case...

"Psi-Graphico" is a Q&A act based on graphology and pseudo-psychometry... the mentalist seemingly can "read" and answer each question on a folded 3x5 index card without looking at the question itself... this is followed by opening the question, doing a graphological analysis on the questioners handwriting and then locating the actual writer of the question (that's where the pseudo-psychometry part comes in)... the entire act is accomplished using the o**-a***d principle and is quite effective...

I've done both the "full blown" "P-G" outlined by Scott/Cicardi as well as the pocket version and both are killer routines... the audience eats this stuff up and it's not a difficult act to do (it uses tic-sheets to help you accomplish much of the work)... I developed my own larger "P-G" padfolio for platform/parlour/stage work as well as use a "Theta" portfolio for larger groups... I've also used Richard Mark's "Psychic System" to do a version of "P-G"...

If you can get your hands on an original copy of "Magick" it is worth reading and checking out (or the bound volumes, although I don't know if it is in the 4 that were put out as there still is a Vol. 5 that needs to be published and because it's in one of the 400 # issues -- there were only 496 issues - it may not be in any of the currently compiled versions)... I have a complete file of "Magick" which I treasure and plumb for powerful effects and routines but I also have quite a few double copies and I think I have one or two extra's of the "P-G" issue... if I do I may put them up for sale for those that want to get the info on "P-G"... John Riggs' version is quite good too and I have used it on occasion also, it's in his "Compleat Fortuneteller" book which is a must have for any mentalist (as well as the companion "Even Compleater" book that he followed up with)...

Hope this helps...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬

PS: If you can or do get your hands on a set of "Magick" or even the compiled books be sure to check out all of the routines by Dr. Scott/Cicardi... they are quite useable and powerful... I love his "Hell Fire" which is a real stunner (Riggs has a variation on this effect also which is just as good)...
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1582 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Tony B.,

Just one correction, if I may. The Pocket Psi Grafico is not a "z" wallet. It is not gaffed at all . It has properties that allow the method to work flawlessly, but can be thoroughly examined both before and after the presentation ( there is no need for this, but it can) and nothing will be found.

Piatt's Pad (or the Flip Case) is a totally different item. It is fine in its own right, but is not P-G.

You can do the full blown version with the pocket P-G wallet. You don't have quite as much room, but its easy to adjust to. I have done the pocket version from stage and platform as well as in living rooms.

At this time, EvilDan is the only one making any form of P-G. You can use the Theta or Psychic System for stage/platform also.

Doug, Lee Earle's version was called "SuperScript". It is now available in an ebook, with rights to reproduce the artwork, from Lee himself.

Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Kephri
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm Sweden
195 Posts

Profile of Kephri
Quote:
I have the original Magick, and not the bound reprints, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's in the final volume of the latter, as Magick ceased publication (following Bascomb's untimely death in 1994) with issue #496 (or #497 if you count--as many do--the wonderfully touching "final issue" published by Marc Sky).

Actually Doug you are absolutely right. Just had a look in my bound reprint collection of Magick. The three articles you mention can be found on pages
186, 456 & 467 in Volume IV.

For futher information that Volume ends with "the Mystic Word" from April 23, 1993.

All the Best

Magnus
Murfmind
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Murfmind
Just for the added info, Dr. Charlie Scott is a friend of mine and lives in Sarasota, Florida. He introduced me to the effect on a visit. Hope to see him soon to learn more. Murf
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
This is a very interesting topic for me...since I have been at the Café, I have kind of "expanded my horizons" so to speak, that plus the fact that I absolutely love any wallet effect helps as well.

So safe to say, it's a good investment from EvilDan...thank you gentleman, I appreciate all of the consideration you have given this topic and to little o'l me...lol! BTW...I assume Mr.Osterlind has a website showcasing all of his effects for sale ?

~Rick~.
Kephri
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm Sweden
195 Posts

Profile of Kephri
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
To everyone who helped me out on this matter...ESPecially to Corriveau...a great, big, hearty, "Thank You" from this guy here in Quebec !!

This routine is wonderful and is making me rethink my billet routine. Dr.Scott is a genius ! It's direct, to the point and they get something in the end....AND THERE'S NO GIMMICKS !!! LOL!

~Rick~
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2005-02-10 07:29, Kephri wrote:
Have a look at:

http://www.osterlindmysteries.com/

Go on give us a clue
What are we looking for?
I've tried Mind Reading but all I am getting is Swedish LOL
TJ
:)
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1575 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 05:57, teejay wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-02-10 07:29, Kephri wrote:
Have a look at:

http://www.osterlindmysteries.com/

Go on give us a clue
What are we looking for?
I've tried Mind Reading but all I am getting is Swedish LOL

Check out the "Thoughtscan" advert, the board is fanstastic for doing Q&A type effects.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Hi Mindguy
Thanks for that
I was kind of hoping that Kephri was talking about a wallet effect
Thanks again
TJ
Kephri
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm Sweden
195 Posts

Profile of Kephri
Sorry, wasn't refering to an effect at all,
instead I was answering the question from Rick
about the URL to Richard Osterlind.

As his post was directly above I didn't bother
with the quoting, sorry again...

Magnus
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2005-05-26 05:27, Kephri wrote:
Sorry, wasn't refering to an effect at all,
instead I was answering the question from Rick
about the URL to Richard Osterlind.
As his post was directly above I didn't bother
with the quoting, sorry again...
Magnus

Hi Kephri
No problem
LOL
TJ
:)
mobileman
View Profile
New user
India
52 Posts

Profile of mobileman
I have got Cicardi's Psi-Graphico wallet frm a foreign friend, also with some printed cards for graphology to use with that. But no instruction, and he is not not available now.
How do I get guided to use this wallet with Cicardi's Psi-Graphico?
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Did Dr Charles Scott die? There are videos of him performing this at mevproshop I believe
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Mobileman wrote:
Quote:
I have got Cicardi's Psi-Graphico wallet frm a foreign friend, also with some printed cards for graphology to use with that. But no instruction, and he is not not available now.
How do I get guided to use this wallet with Cicardi's Psi-Graphico?

There are two sources of explanation for the Psi-Graphico act. The original publication is referenced in the second post of this thread.

Subsequent to that post, mevproshop released a DVD set that also contains a description of the routine (along with some excellent additional material), which can be obtained from them.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cicardi's Q&A act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL