The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Up ,Up, and Away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
I'd like your most learned input... What would you most like in a stage levatation?
Portability?
Lite wieght?
Ease of assembly?
Quiet operation?
Angle proof?
Low cost?
Easy to build? Lift controlled by the magician? Self working?
I am interested in your answers,tell me how you use your current levatation.

Dutch
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Quiet, Angle Proof and Cheap works for me.

I rather like my modified floating carpet. I can use it in many different ways and it's very easy to change to presentation to it depending on the gig. My only problem is that although the angles are very good, they could be better.

I would love something which I can operate solo, is silent, and operates SMOOTH. I hate to see a rising levitation that looks choppy and shakey.

-Chris.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Reasonable cost, easy set up, away from backdrops and definitely angle proof.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Dutch,

I think all of the factors that you mention above are extremely important.

The price is however the least important as this generally reflects the product.

Portability, ease of assembly, and most definately angle proof are very important.

After our PMs and your mails I am unable to go ahead with "3 in 1" ( or "5 in 1") as it does not suit my venue. This is outdoor and the backdrop is about 8 metres away. Plus I do not know how many assistants I will have on the team at present.

If you are producing something new then I would love to reconsider.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
AndrewMann
View Profile
New user
UK
7 Posts

Profile of AndrewMann
Has anyone else seen this bit of promo?
FROM THE MIND OF ITALIAN ILLUSIONIST LATTO DIOTI

The Ultimate Levitation
For the first time ever, a magician can levitate unsuspended by wires, and totally surrounded. There are no cables, stands, mirrors, glass or cover... the illusionist literally rises from the floor by a clear foot and a sold hoop is passed around his whole body!

I can't seem to track anything down as yet but I'll keep trying.

Andy.
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
Dutch -

From the press you've received from owners, it would seem the 3-in-1 is a "golden goose" of sorts. Inexpensive, not overly cumbersome, and pretty versatile.

Are you looking to improve on the design, number of sales, or in the never ending quest to design "the next big thing"? Smile I'm just curious, as you've posted to sell exclusive rights to the 3-in-1, then you were going to sell plans, and this post is surveying the market, it would seem, for a potential new product. Inquiring minds and all...

Best Regards,

Guy
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
I herd Dutch is retiring his wand........ is that true?? (scratching head in confusion)
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Well my wand still works as hard as ever... I currently am booked for 170 shows starting in late March plus I'm moving to Palm Springs ,California to open a theater this year,expect to see the opening in November of 2005. Our first show will feature Judith Chapman ( CBS' Young and the restless), Mark Lindsay Chapman( Fox's Swamp Thing,Titanic) and Dick Christy( Fox's Small Wonder) along with the magic of Lorenzo and Lorraine. As far as the 3 in 1 goes I have sold the design and manufacturing rights to a gentleman that will really do well by any magician who wants a quality illusion for a great price,details will be announced soon. I in the meantime AM always working on illusions and new designs as some of you know. This informal request for info will help me in my design work and is greatly appreciated.

Dutch
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I usually perform in banquet rooms on a short riser and I have limited space in my car. Those conditions make it impossible to find something that I can use, especially considering budget constraints. Practicality is still one of the biggest factor in what I perform. It's fairly rare when I perform on a stage.
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
• Cheap Price
• Portable (not too heavy, fits in a small SUV or family car)
• Surroundable
• Low matinence
• No power cables / onboard power
• SAFE
• expandable/interchangeable parts & upgradable
• Quiet (if a levitation)
• AND DIFFERENT / ORIGINAL

Rock on dutch. be good.... or be bad! sometimes bad is good Smile:) @----',-----

Ryan
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
Wow, you've described the perfect spouse as well! Smile

--- Guy
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Didn't know you can upgrade a spouse.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
Welcome to the wonders of silicone parts! Smile

Or, if you prefer, upgrade to an entirely new model! As Eddie Murphy might have observed, the cost?

Half!

--- Guy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Up ,Up, and Away (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL