The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking for "Sheepdog" puppet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1839 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Not looking for Folkmanis Sheepdog puppet. Great looking puppet but not the one.

I've seen several performers using a kind of sheepdog looking dog puppet. It looked great.

Does any one know the company that sells them. Or something close to it.

Thanks,

Neznarf
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
HI Neznarf,
http://www.practical-magic.com
cheers,
Georgeorgeorgeorgeorgeorg.........
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1839 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
That is a Folkmanis Sheepdog,

But thanks anyway.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
222 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
Mary Ann Taylor can make you one.

http://www.matpuppets.com/home.htm

or Verna Finly can as well:
VERNA FINLY
7416 Spring Village Drive T18
Springfield, VA 22150-4927
703) 569-0351

Both make great soft puppets. Not sure what exactly your looking for but try these.

Chris
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

Not adding anything new but also would have suggested the Mary Ann Taylor puppets as suggested by Chris above. While I haven't purchased her products, one of the members whom post in Carnival of Fun is featured with a shaggydog puppet had recommended this site to me.

Good luck with your search!
Chrystal
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
KritterVille (http://www.kritterville.com) is very good. I'm very happy with the puppet I got from them and their service is terrific! They make a great-looking sheepdog puppet that I was really close to buying:

http://www.kritterville.com/web2/sheepdog.htm

Hope this helps!
-Andy
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1839 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Andini,

That not the one I've seen.

BUT it's pretty nice.

I may buy him if I can't find the other one.

Thanks,

Neznarf
Jonty the Magician
View Profile
New user
West Yorkshire UK
73 Posts

Profile of Jonty the Magician
I have one similar in looks to the Folkmanis one, but I bought this from a seaside gift shop for £3.99! ($6.00?) It has some electronic gadget in it which makes it bark when you make the mouth movements, and if you stroke it's ears or back it growls in ecstasy! (Is that a good word to use in a kiddies forum? You know the sound I mean!) Obviously this was bought in the UK, I assume you're in the States?

Jon
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hi Jon,
that's the same one I have. They are fantastic but I took out the bark.

Matt
Jonty the Magician
View Profile
New user
West Yorkshire UK
73 Posts

Profile of Jonty the Magician
Hi Matt,
Did you find you couldn't use the electronic bark in your act then? I must admit mines a bit quiet, I just thought it needed some new batteries. The kids love stroking the dog and hearing it growl, they can tell the noise isn't coming from me.

Jon
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Hey Neznarf,

Just to throw another idea into the pool...

I've seen a range of dog puppets at various times on ebay.

If you go into the search box and type 'ventriloquist' it will bring up a whole heap of puppets. I'm not sure if there are any sheepdogs on there at the moment, but it's worth checking every now and then if you're not in a particular hurry.

Cheers
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
581 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
The dog in my picture is by Mary Ann Taylor.

Oliver
ChrisJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Lapeer, MI
222 Posts

Profile of ChrisJ
Nez, just a thought. You saw someone do a show/trick/effect with a sheep dog that you liked. You are looking for the exact dog but maybe if you find a dog you like based on your taste it would better and your presentation of the effect as opposed to a copy of the one you saw. There are a lot of puppet makers listed here but none have the dog you saw. Try contacting MAT or Verna and they will make you one. Will run ya anywhere from $200 and up I would guess. My Verna cost 250ish a dozen yrs ago. Good luck on your quest Smile

Chris
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hi Jon,
I do a bit of vent so it didn't really work out.

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking for "Sheepdog" puppet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL