The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Quarters to Half Dollars? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27097 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-02-09 23:34, felixjr wrote:
Hey Coin Handlers,

I'm looking for an effect which allows me to show 4 quarters and then turn them into 4 half dollars to continue. Is there a move or some kind of switch I can do without to much trouble? This effect would be performed sitting at a table.

Keep in mind,I'm new to coin magic, so any references would be helpful.

Thanks,

Felixjr

There are several routines on this theme, usually done with half dollars and English Pennies. Using quarters and Half dollars probably makes good sense. The trick is something of David Roth's and called "wildcoin", though for some reason unlike the card trick, does not use a "wild coin". Go Figure.

You can find the original offerings in Kaufman's books from the 1980s which are being reprinted: CoinMagic and David Roth's Expert Coin Magic.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
This is not an entire method but might be worth a shot.

Wax the Q's.
Downs or Edge the halves.
Show Q's. Stack 'em.
Lap Q's.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Vilewarner,
I'm not clear on your question. Which change are you asking about?
Magius
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Magius
Well, it depends on the routine doesn't it, whether it makes sense. If you really want to do that "whether it means anything" thing, you can go read Absolute Magic Smile

Well, the flying shuttle pass was a nice idea, I'm trying it, but I can palm them naturally when they are spread on my palm. Usually I have other ways. When I can, I'd have 4 Halves in my left Ramsay, then do a retention change holding the coins in a fan. I think there is a similar description of it in Down's Modern Coin Magic, wouldn't know if it's the same thing though, couldn't be sure about the description.

Another way would be Edge Grip. I usually start with the Halves in ramsay again, and 4 quarters in the palm, showing the Ramsay palm up.I then go and hold them up chest height for everyone to see. And while I move my arms up, both my hands move together and under cover of hte finger the halves are edge palmed, while the quarters are fanned and displayed in the right hand. I then let the hands go back together, and under the cover, edge palm the quarters and display the halves.

An even easier way would be french drop, while palming the halves. I don't really use this, but it's quite easy, especially with the sound problem solved since you can rattle the coins in your hand to cover the other hand.
Neophyte.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Quarters to Half Dollars? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL