The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Juggling silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pizzazz
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
108 Posts

Profile of Pizzazz
I am a childrens show magician and I did learn to juggle silks but nothing else. Do you think it is ok to just put that in my show and if so any ideas on presenting it?
May all your days be "magic" days
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
I've seen juggling silks before, but it's usually done as a comedy intro to juggling balls or other objects. I'm sure you can work it into a show that fits the idea, but I would think the rest of your act would have to compliment the juggling or the juggling is a lead in to your next trick. If I saw someone juggle some silks and then move on to other stuff, I'd think what was that all about. Just my thoughts.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
Pizzazz
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
108 Posts

Profile of Pizzazz
I thank you for that info. What I will do is try and juggle the(3) silks and then use them in an effect. I do feel that makes a lot of sense.
May all your days be "magic" days
Memo
View Profile
New user
Germany (northrhine-westfalia)
77 Posts

Profile of Memo
You´re last posting hits it. It would not make any sense just to juggle with silks, put them away and do magic. But if you use them for effects its okay. Maybe you can use them as running gag und juggle them or other things between your tricks.
"There have been many claims by magicans and mentalists to the invention of mnemonics; some of the claimants have been world-famous performers - and none of them have a right to their claims!" - Corinda
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
How do you juggle silks? Are there weights in them?
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Nope! No weights, in fact the lightness of the silks is what makes the so very easy to juggle. Anyone can juggle using silks. I do an entire juggling routine just using silks that I could never perform using balls or clubs. It is juggling for the skill-less!!! LOL!!!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I'd say go for the silks. I don't think you have got to use them in your show for anything else though. I've used juggling in my shows and I don't then use the props for magic. There's no need if the juggling routine is strong enough to pull it's own weight. If it's not then I'd probably cut it from my show.

As for what type of act to do. Why not something that's fast and furious. Your arms flying all over the place, but the scarves themselves will obviously stay pretty much where they are. Stick in a few pirouettes. These look *** impressive, but with scarves are pretty easy to pull off. Do it with 1 scarf in the air, then 2 and finally with all 3. If you're feeling a little dangerous why not try a double pirouette to finish.

You could really play the scarves up saying that you will now perform the most dangerous part of the show etc etc..... then pull out the three scarves and (hopefully) get a laugh.

I hope this is of some use, even if you now know what you're not going to do.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Juggling silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL