The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dice Stacking/Decapitating With Both Hands?!? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Hello gang,
I can stack with each hand, my right hand is weaker than my left, but I can still stack with my right hand. I have started to try to stack with both hands at the same time. That is my right hand stacks its four at the same as my left hand stacks its four. Quite difficult. Then, I've only thought about this, not actually come close to doing it but, has anyone decaptitated with both hands at the same time, in a similar manner as explained above?!!?

Just wanted to know, thought it would be really cool!
Thanks,
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
It can be done. You have now entered the realm of juggling over magic. This is not a bad thing, being an entertainer is being a lot of things.

A great book on the subject is called "Manipulative Miscellanea" it deals with all kinds of odd and eccentric juggling feats. It might give you some ideas as to how you can kick up the routine a notch. They don't talk about dice stacking in this book but there is a lot of other stuff that can be done with cups, hats, plates, and other assorted weirdness that might go great with the type of thing you are developing.

If you can stack with both hands at the same time this is probably an avenue worth looking into.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I cannot de-capitate proficiently yet but it would be a good feat to be able to do it with both hands.
It does attract quite a lot of attention if you're performing outdoors.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I've taken the decapitation to an all new level. I'm combining it with an instant dice vanish.

The reproduction is a bit rough though. It takes me a while to retrieve the dice... from under my desk, across the room, etc...
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Quote:
On 2005-02-11 11:05, Dave VanVranken wrote:
I've taken the decapitation to an all new level. I'm combining it with an instant dice vanish.

The reproduction is a bit rough though. It takes me a while to retrieve the dice... from under my desk, across the room, etc...

What a coincidence, I have been working on the exact same instant dice vanish (and trying to imprve the reproduction). My kids know to avoid the room when I am working the dice stacking.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Decapitation is not difficult.
You hit the die with the inside of the cup then rotate the cup to catch it.
The rotation of the cup is a simple twist of the wrist.

Here's a simple way to practice it:
Rather than trying to unstack the dice, put one die on the left edge of the table.
Your right hand comes from the right, hits the die with the right (inside) part of the cup. Twist the cup counter clockwise and catch the die in the cup rather than allowing it to fall on the floor.
By using this method, you can learn the move in slow motion, and you don't have to spend your practice time on your knees.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'll try that tonight.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
That is a very good way of teaching it, RiffRaff. Think of it as if you are stacking a die, and the die below the die you are stacking (decapitating), is the table.

Or: knock the top die of the stack with the inside lip of the cup, then stack that die that is now on the table. and repeat this until the dice are decapitated.

Any suggestions on decapitating with both hands at once? lol
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
The decapitation is difficult because you have to worry about the speed of your arm, the height of cup from the table, and the twisting of the wrist to catch the die.
By eliminating some of those variables, it should cut the learning curve.

Regarding both hands at once, if both of your hands move from right to left, you simply put two small tables (surfaces) in front of you. If both hands swing in opposite directions (both start in the center and move out), then all you need is a small table surface, and put the dice on each side. Good luck.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have been dice stacking on and off for at least 40 years and have NEVER been able to do the "decapitation" with enough consistancey to try in in a show.

But wait 'til you see what we have developed to sell (Porper/Biro) for the dice workers!!

Maybe will have one at WMS next week.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dice Stacking/Decapitating With Both Hands?!? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL