The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Osterlind Products (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
I have a question: does the ODDS works only stage, or can also be used in one by one situations?
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-02-14 16:38, enriqueenriquez wrote:
I have a question: does the ODDS works only stage, or can also be used in one by one situations?

It's fine for one on one, small crowds or the stage. That is why I am so excited by it. The cards are small and can easily fit in your pocket. You have someone freely choose one and put them all away. For all intents and purposes, the work is done. You can create whatever staging you want from there. You can use 2 small pads, large pads, slates, send the person out of the room, build a metal box for you to be sealed in! Anything.

When you are duplicating the design, you really are doing exactly what you would do in a real ESP test. I don't want to go too far out on a limb, but if you really wanted to do a mentalism effect and still use real ESP (if you believe in those things!) you are in a perfect position to do so here. I have been doing this for years and sometimes, when you see the drawings, you have to wonder!

For those who have done this, let me ask you, isn't it a FUN thing to do! I hate effects that make you work too hard. This one is fun!

Richard

PS (Is that enough selling yet?)
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Quote:
On 2005-02-14 17:14, Richard Osterlind wrote:

PS (Is that enough selling yet?)

LOL!!!

No ...MORE! SELL IT MORE!!!!

I'm gonna tell my bank manager on you Mr. O ! There is my increasing overdraft he may have to speak with you about...
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Richard,

I'd like to hear a little more about the solid ghost if you stop in please.

Thanks

Candini
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

I received today Essays, and rush to the ODDS. It’s really beautiful. But I shouldn’t be surprised. With Richard Osterlind’s products you never go wrong.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 04:29, Candini wrote:
Richard,

I'd like to hear a little more about the solid ghost if you stop in please.

Thanks

Candini

Candini,

This is what the audience sees. (My presentation) I talk about how I can do all these things. I say that if I can believe it in my mind, I can make others believe it, too. I spread a handkerchief on the table and fold it up. Then I talk about the ancient belief that "ether" permiated the air. I pretend to gather some up and put it into the handkerchief. The handkerchief starts to move and something under it starts to grow! I roll it around and say it feels like a ball. Than I hit it with a spoon and the sound tells you it's solid! I have someone bring their hand down on top and they feel it, too! It gets larger and finally I pound it down and when I whip away the handkerchief, nothing is there! It was all in the mind.

That's what it looks like and it has been one of my favorite effects since I was about 22. The new handkerchief and gimmick work like a charm and it will last forever!

Richard

PS I love being a salesman!!!! Smile
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
You are evil...pure evil....(sob)...where's my checkbook?
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
JChristensen
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
71 Posts

Profile of JChristensen
I'd like more information on the slate and effect offered on Richard's site. Is it a mental epic type effect?
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 18:14, JChristensen wrote:
I'd like more information on the slate and effect offered on Richard's site. Is it a mental epic type effect?

Yep, among other things.
-but without a force

Sven
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Board is VERY well made as well...
funstuff
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of funstuff
Any video demo's of solid ghost anywhere yet?
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 19:39, ScottLeavitt wrote:
Board is VERY well made as well...

Indeed!
Mine will last longer than I will do Smile Smile Smile
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
So the lesson is "Don't get even - get ODDS!"

:lol:

and I'm looking forward to it myself, very much!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
adrien
View Profile
New user
Paris
32 Posts

Profile of adrien
This solid ghost description reminds me of a similar effect by John Cornelius...
what are the differences ?
Graham_Salisbury
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Graham_Salisbury
Richard,

Can you give us any indication of what will be on the new video/DVD set? Will they, for example, have a performance of ODDS on them?

Just thought I'd ask while you're in "salesman" mode. So go on, whet my appetite!
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Is there a similarity with a Max Maven effect called "Mind's Eye Deck " and "The Osterlind Design Duplication System" using cards ???
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Candini,

This is what the audience sees. (My presentation) I talk about how I can do all these things. I say that if I can believe it in my mind, I can make others believe it, too. I spread a handkerchief on the table and fold it up. Then I talk about the ancient belief that "ether" permiated the air. I pretend to gather some up and put it into the handkerchief. The handkerchief starts to move and something under it starts to grow! I roll it around and say it feels like a ball. Than I hit it with a spoon and the sound tells you it's solid! I have someone bring their hand down on top and they feel it, too! It gets larger and finally I pound it down and when I whip away the handkerchief, nothing is there! It was all in the mind.

That's what it looks like and it has been one of my favorite effects since I was about 22. The new handkerchief and gimmick work like a charm and it will last forever!

Richard

PS I love being a salesman!!!!

Gosh Richard, just reading your routine I was imagining your presentation talent and know why you performed this for so long Smile

Funstuff:

I've seen a video demo of the glorpy (similiar) somewhere on line, may google it.

Adrian: The John Cornelius effect is totally different (from what I read). Richard's is performed on a table.
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
RIVARDJLR: Yes, both effect use cards, but compared to the Mind's Eye Deck, the ODDS plays out as a real-time design duplication of a spectator's free-hand sketch rather than a reproduction of a selected symbol. I love Max's Mind's Eye Deck, but the ODDS has the potential to look more like real mind-reading.
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

I also have both and agree with Fred. The dramatic potencial of ODDS is stronger.

Besides, and it was maybe only my copy, but the plastic cards of the Mind’s Eye Deck never worked properly.
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Quote:
On 2005-02-16 16:54, enriqueenriquez wrote:
Besides, and it was maybe only my copy, but the plastic cards of the Mind’s Eye Deck never worked properly.

I think this is the consensus of those of us with the deck. It's a shame, because the effect is nice, but not if you are holding your breath that the cards acted properly.

Gianni
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Osterlind Products (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL