The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Greed by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Yes you can do it with any currency....as long as your bills are all the same size....NOT AS US CURRENCY.....as long as all of YOUR BILLS are the same....like US currency is all the same....the 1, 5 ,10 ,20 etc....are all the same size.....so as long as all of your bills are the same size aswell then it is fine..........i hope that wasn't too confusing

Daniel
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
Gerald
View Profile
Veteran user
Arkansas
325 Posts

Profile of Gerald
Daniel has winner with GREED! It is practical, not difficult to learn and a real "worker"!
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Thanks Gerald...i hope you guys that have gotten the effect are having fun performing it....

Daniel
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Daniel,

How much longer for that video clip?
I'm on my third mouse already. Burnt the others out going back and forth to the site looking for the clip.

Best,
Matt
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Hahah....matt....im working on it....im only in town for 3 days at a time...then I go out and perform....so I'm trying....if you really are getting ansy...you can read some of the reviews...this effect is what I opened my Magic Castle act with...it is VERY VERY visual....Chris Kenner took me to show it to David Copperfield (nervouse) ... and David said that it was the perfect trick for TV spots....acctually Kostya Kimlat performed it on Marco Tepest's Virtual Magician Special...so if you can find that...then you can see it....other than that...im working on it...sorry about the delay..im just really busy

Thanks Again to all of you
Daniel Garcia
Matt Morell
View Profile
Loyal user
Norwich, CT.
257 Posts

Profile of Matt Morell
Ok Daniel. Didn't know your schedule.
No problem.
Good Lord, I can't even imagine showing your own stuff to Kenner and Copperfield.
Talk about Nervous!

Matt
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Ok matt...im off to houston tommarrow morning....ill see what I can get done for that video clip.

Daniel
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
If you purchase the notes on "Greed" you are provided with a way to get a preformance clip.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Mr. Muggle...i purchsed the notes awhile ago, never got any way to view the performance though...mind elaborating?
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Hey Guys...i acctually just got back into taown AGAIN....i jsut got done filming the demo....it will be up on the site in a few days

thanks to all of those who have already purcheased!!!

Daniel Garcia
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Quote:
On 2005-04-13 22:09, dg magic wrote:
Hey Guys...i acctually just got back into taown AGAIN....i jsut got done filming the demo....it will be up on the site in a few days

thanks to all of those who have already purcheased!!!

Daniel Garcia

Hey DG,

Tell them they can see it live in person at the upcoming LVMI convention (shamless plug) ...
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Yeah, LVMI this year has a killer line up. Cant wait... As for Greed, it is one of the most visual bill changes I have ever seen.

Get that site up already you lazy b a s t a r d Smile

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Quote:
On 2005-04-12 11:17, david_a_whitehead wrote:
Mr. Muggle...i purchsed the notes awhile ago, never got any way to view the performance though...mind elaborating?

David although Daniel already answered, I was going to suggest using the email contact that is provided with the notes for Greed (which I haven’t used). I was unaware at the lack of any video, but aware of the comment in the notes that referenced the email address if you had to see a video performance.

Personally I would hope that the video would only be available to those who purchase the notes, but we'll have to see what Daniel decides to do. I love his effect; it’s extremely visual and will soon be in my wallet on a permanent basis.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
So, can you hand out the half dollar after the changes? probably doing a coin vanish would be a good way to end this trick/routine
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
You can definatly hand the coin out...the coin is real....its not gimmicked at all

Daniel Garcia
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Daniel,
Kostya told me about your effect "Greed" sounds interesting but how does it differ from "The Chameleon Bill" in issue number three of Bill Goldman's Bar and Grill published in 1996. I see the ending being different with the half but not the rest.
Also this idera does back to Al Baker but I can't give a better reference now.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
So, does a TT come into play with this one?
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2005-04-24 00:34, Jeff wrote:
Daniel,
Kostya told me about your effect "Greed" sounds interesting but how does it differ from "The Chameleon Bill" in issue number three of Bill Goldman's Bar and Grill published in 1996. I see the ending being different with the half but not the rest.
Also this idera does back to Al Baker but I can't give a better reference now.

Jeff

As sent to you via email, the 2 bills are different.

Quote:
On 2005-04-30 11:30, discjockey wrote:
So, does a TT come into play with this one?

No TT is required.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Ok, I just recieved Greed and I would like to clarify a few things

A. This is very clean. You cant have the spectators examine the bill during the changes, but when you end with the 50 cent piece, you can let them examine it forever. Its really a normal coin.

B. This is VERY VISUAL! If you have Hundy 500, you'll have an idea. But you just wave your hand in front of the bill. No flipping, or anything. Just wave your hand over it and it changes, very fast.

C. This does require a construction of the bill, but you don't totally destroy bills.

I love this effect. I use this after Hundy 500, but instead of turning all of the bills into 100's, I "miss" on one. Then I use the Greed sequence and end with silver dollar.
sdmmagician
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of sdmmagician
I have a question about greed that has not been brought up yet. It has been made clear that the bill is gimmicked, however, in the description of the effect on daniel's website, it says, "magically turn a BORROWED 1 dollar bill into a 5..." Do you really borrow the bill in the beginning?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Greed by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL