The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Predator Wallet VS Heirloom Wallet question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
377 Posts

Profile of serge storms
I'm looking for your opinon on the predator wallet vs the heirloom wallet if this is my need:
like to be able to do heirloom (or version of such as Kollosal Killer etc) and still be able to carry some of the other wallet stuffers I like to carry such as twisted sisters, color monte, beswitched with 1$ and $5, 2 $1's to $2 and a couple of others. I'm familiar with heirloom wallet as my friend has one. I like the way it looks like I'd be able to accomplish all of the above with it along with carrying my everyday stuff, credit cards license etc. But I'd like to hear from those that are familiar with both wallets if much of the same can be done with the considerably more pricey predator wallet. Its worth the extra money if the wallet can hold more or is nicer in quality. Any replies would be welcome. thanks.
"Overkill is Under-rated"
toonomads
View Profile
Regular user
Albuquerque, NM, USA
172 Posts

Profile of toonomads
Though the Predator Wallet can accomodate more stuff, it would seem to me that it is not a wallet that one can use as an everyday wallet. It really is designed more as a magic prop and does that job very well.

I would stick with the Heirloom wallet if it suits you. More durable for everyday use.
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
377 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Thanks toonomads - any others with thoughts?
"Overkill is Under-rated"
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
536 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
I have a predator.- I was very dissapointed with the quality, It's potentially a good idea, but the manufacture/price of the thing lets it down badly! - I wouldn't recommend it!

(Haven't seen an "official" Heirloom wallet.) I'm sure that you could pick up a multi-pocket wallet to suit your needs anywhere.

I have creased and folded my Heirloom pictures so they look old - the also take up much less room folded!
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
The heirloom wallet is a bit too big for me and the leather is amazingly bad! very cheap...

the predator is a very nice soft leather and is very high quality, deffinatly worth the money for the effect you can get out of it!

for what you want, I can reccomend non really... but I would say that the predator looks much more natural and will hold quite a few things.

In Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
536 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
What colour is your "Predator" Steve? - Mine is black, although the one I've seen Paul Wilson using is brown and looks much better made than the one he sold me?
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I think they only come in black. I've used a brown wallet my whole life. I think because my Grandfather gave me his when I turned 16 and needed a wallet for a drivers license. It was brown and I bought a brown one every few years ( yep, always at Christams when hundfreds appear ) when it would wear out. But, I don't think the color should matter.
~Joe
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Yeah mine was black,
the one Paul uses is brown, but I believe that is from his first ever run of the wallets, it looks very used. (he might have changed it since I saw it though)
I am very happy with my wallet and it is one of those items that has got me work so it has paid for itself.

I think a stiffer version would be nice though...I would deffinatly buy it again esspecially if I heard it was to be discontinued.

In Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
536 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
Yes Steve, I hear that it's definately to be discontinued..... Now how much are you going to give me for mine!? :o)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Predator Wallet VS Heirloom Wallet question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL