The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Building a Snake Basket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I've been searching the internet for a snake basket but I've discovered that there aren't that many and that I don't like any of them, so I have decided to try and build my own and figured this would be the best place to get help. Can anybody out there who owns a Snake Basket and knows what parts I'm going to need please reply.

Thanks,
Mac Stone
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
I read once that the main movement you will need can be obtained from a car with an electric lengthening or shortening aerial hook this little motor up to a remote control unit and I think you have the main skeleton of the prop operateable by RC
Just a Thought

Tom
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Thanks for the reply!! Is there anubody else out there who can help??
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Mac - I am also interested in a similar project.

I am considering using a sping snake and a remore release. Not sure if that's the route you are headed. What effect are you trying to accomplish?
NitroMagic
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of NitroMagic
There have been tons of snakes powered by an appearing metal cane. Some sort of small electric motor remotely triggered or powered to pull the stop off of the cane causing it to jump.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I know this trick has a long history. What are some of the methods which have been employed to get the snake to jump? I'm only familiar with the spring snake and some sort of release.

What other options are there?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
In the book "Novel magic with an Appearing Cane" published by Mickey Hades, there is some information on making one in there.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Thanks for the tip Richard!!
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
The Jeff McBride site has a magi only newsletter that you might want to check out, if I recall there was a two part article in there about making a snake basket.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I know this is a post on crafting your own, but I’d recommend to just buy the Pro Viper. It’s a great effect, and much worth the time and money that it takes to invest in one. I have the "deluxe" model (Pro Viper II) and I love it! It’s small and extremely reliable.

The only change that I have wanted to make was the basket, but searching for a perfect wicker basket is no easy task. I think in the end I will have to make my own to find the "perfect" basket for my own needs.

I've had this effect for years, and Terry (the designer/supplier) is great to deal with. He also sells new spring snakes with a newer design.

http://www.terrysmagicpub.com/download/product.html

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I just happen to have one on my workshop bench. I am trying to repair it. You will need an appearing cane that is the snake body. Just buy an appearing cane and break off the amount you need.

The motor has a pat. Pend. the number is RS-85 on the end. This and a battery holder 2 D cell. make up the rising portion. A ladies leggs egg make the head and eyes from a hobby shop are hot glued on. You will need a toggle switch from Radio shack. You will have to figure out how to put a spool for the take up string.

That's it. Have fun!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Building a Snake Basket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL