The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Starting coin magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
emeline
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of emeline
I have got the Duvivier coin box and even if it's really hard to master, it's an interesting trick. What is exactly the difference between the okito and the Boston box?
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Slight problem with the Ammar DVD is that he doesn't have that many killer routines, and for a lot of the sleights he teaches, he has no routine at all - eg he has nothing that uses the goshman pinch, or any of the loads that he teaches. Whereas the routines often use the same sleights several times - eg his coins across uses two consecutive retention vanishes whereas I wonder if it might have been better to use a steal for one of them.

His coin to key is very good. Straight out of Bobo, though.
Jolyon Jenkins
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Quote:
On 2005-02-16 03:58, Clarioneer wrote:
DO NOT get an Okito Box - they are not easy utility items to use WELL.

Reminds me of a little kit hanging by a cash register in a toy store. It costs <$10 and contained a plastic Okito Box. I guess the kit explains how to use the turnover move to vanish the contents or have 'em penetrate the hand. Kits will be given as gifts to children who might read the instructions, but surely won't learn to do the turnover well. What a shame to spoil all the routines by giving that away! I'd also guess that anyone who learned the 45 sleights Roth created to do real Okito Box magic would feel weak to hear a spectator (who had read the kit's instructions) and say 'I know how all that's done.'
Probably because I am not very skilled yet, but I have had some friends dismiss lots of moves that would have fascinated me just because they know or suspected some gimmick related to the trick being shown.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Boston Box has a recessed bottom which can be used for various purposes...
catch you later

Clarioneer
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
[quote]On 2005-04-04 13:42, ehands wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-02-16 03:58, Clarioneer wrote:
I have had some friends dismiss lots of moves that would have fascinated me just because they know or suspected some gimmick related to the trick being shown.

This is why I don't use Okito boxes or any other "non-real world" props.
smartie_28
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of smartie_28
I like Bobo and Roth coin books. Some parts are difficult to understand at first, but if you play around with the material, you'll get it. I'd start with Bobo's book first.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I just went to a Roth lecture, and he had the best Okito coin Box(s) and Okito Coin Box work that I have ever seen, extremely solid, extremely magical, extremely clean material. Definately worth looking into.

The kit that he was selling came with three boxex (for different uses) and a full manusrcipt. The boxes were all designed by him with subtle advancements that add a lot!

This was the first time I ever wanted to get ANY box stuff (no money! AARRRGGG).
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
Thanks ive been helped in this thread too!!!
Thanks again
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Starting coin magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL