The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Ruffles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
I was just wondering what everybody thinks of when they see a magician performing in a tux with ruffles? You see I'm getting into dove magic and was having a problem getting a cosutme together. So I started with a fake shirt front and my wife said it looked funny, so I'm going to try ruffles, but I want to know what you think of them. By the way the show I put on is a classical show.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
I think the main problem with ruffles is the one I run into in a baggy renaissance shirt at fairs. Unless I roll up my sleeves with coins and such, some people assume that it's all done via the shirt cuffs somehow. So I guess they'd tend to think of that with ruffles and doves (I'm afraid I know next to nothing about dove magic)which is a shame as ruffles are a nice look.
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Jeff,

Unless the ruffles are needed for a special reason, I would avoid them. I gave mine away in the 70s. Except for "period" costumes, I don't even know that they are available anymore. They are no longer formal dress in the USA. They were black tie (short dinner jacket) rather than white tie (tail coat) when they were in (60s and 70s). Of course costumes and formal dress are very different. Don't mix them, you'll get caught by those who know. Today it might make people think that you were going for a Beatles or Michael Jackson look-alike.

Where are you?

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Pizzazz
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
108 Posts

Profile of Pizzazz
I say leave the ruffles to Lance Burton. If I were you I would try and think of something else.IMO
May all your days be "magic" days
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Ruffles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL