The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Jumbo coin routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I just acquired a 3" jumbo penny, and other than perfecting the muscle pass with it, I have no routines - kidding of course. Anyone have some basic routine sources I can go to?
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Shooting Kennedy by Shoot Ogawa is a Jumbo Coin Routine where at the end he ends up produces 4 jumbo coins from nowhere.
Smile Land is David Stone's approach to Gary Kurtz' routine called Flurious.
Flurious is Gary Kurtz' fast paced routine using jumbo coins.
Our own Curtis Kam and Reed McClintock have also awesome applications for jumbo coin usage. Could be found in their videos.
I think Mr. Dan Watkins has also a routine called Jumbolaya and can be found in http://www.coinvanish.com videos section.
Best of The Best #8 Coin Magic by Rocco has also some applications using jumbo coins.
Henry Evans has Chinese Economy it uses jumbo coins in very eye appealing manner.
Dr. Michael Rubinstein has Giant Sucker Coin Vanish in his Knockout Coin Magic vol2.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I deeply beleive that Gary Kurtz' Flurious is one of the best JUMBO coin magic! You will not regret after buying his video even for only this trick!
In love with magic!
E.J. Krucsil
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of E.J. Krucsil
I second the Gary Kurtz opinion. The flurious video has a number of great jumbo slights that can be used in various ways in your own routining. I get a great reaction from the audience when I do my variation of this routine, even in short sleeves and a vest. (It is one of my favorite videos, and I have a ton!) When I do wear a suit coat, I produce it from my sleeve a'la Rocco, before the flurry. I keep one of the coins clipped to my inside jacket pocket, then prior to performance, slide it down the interior of my sleeve by the armpit. I like jumbo coins because of their visiblity. I do a lot of bar work where the lighting isn't that great. They reflect a ton of light and play to a large audience. I'm sure there are a lot of other great sources out there, but the best I have seen is definetely Gary Kurtz. Not just for the technical skill, but for the acting/psychology behind the appearances and disappearances.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Wow - great endorsement - I'll check it out, thanks.
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27097 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There are a FEW routines that make effective use of jumbo coins. For the most part you may as well just produce a set of china.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
I have only one Jumbo Coin the Half Dollar and I add the Jumbo coin into my Misers Dream!!!
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
I think the David Stone DVDs have some basice jumbo coin work.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
J.C. Wagner's "Commercial Magic" book has a matrix using four cards, four regular pennies, a dollar sized penny and a jumbo.
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
337 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Cellini has a great, well-tested and angle-resistant jumbo routine with jumbo coins and a silk. Please don't get the video Magic You Can do Anywhere-it has it on there and not too many people need to be doing that stuff!!
David
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5378 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yea, don't buy that.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Jumbo coin routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL