The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Morrissey or Bazar de Magia cups? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

keymaster
View Profile
New user
Australia
13 Posts

Profile of keymaster
Hi all, ive just finished learning my C&B routine from Ammar's video. I was wondering about different types of cups. I need a cup which will fit a larger final load in it, as my current set of Aluminium ones can't even get a juggling ball into it.

Living in Australia, the stock in my local magic stores are slightly limited, and ive done my research and have found they stock Morrissey and Bazar de Magia cups(both in copper). I like the look of the copper, but I'm not really sure if it is worth spending the extra money to get the copper as compared to the aluminium. After deciding that, I would like to know in everyones opinion, which of these two cups are better quality, better value, feel better etc.

If anyone can help, that would be great.
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
I don't think that either of those cups will fit a larger final load.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
457 Posts

Profile of Kingry
The Bazar Copper cups are a great set that have a good weight, and will hold a lacrosse ball as a final load. I find the morrissey too lite for my taste.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Have you actually handled each cup? Many people prefer a cup that is a bit on the heavy side (of course, heavy is relative - you won't be excercising any muscles no matter which cup you buy) because it makes handling and turning the cups easier.

Handling aluminum vs copper should help you make your decision.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have sold all three sets of the Bazar cups. They are essentially a copy of the old version of the Morrissey cups. They will not take a very large ball as a final load -- a lacrosse ball is about it. The copper cups have an excellent feel to them. I find aluminum cups in general to have too light a feel, unless they are cast aluminum, in which case, they may be fine. But spun aluminum feels like aluminum foil to me.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
The copper weight is very nice to handle and my personal preference is the older "Morrissey" shape of cup. For that reason, I would go with the Bazar Copper. I do seem to recall, however, that Bazar made a larger brass set of cups that sold for a fairly reasonable price.

If you are considering buying online, I think the best one-stop shop for cups & balls is still Bill Palmer's site.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks for the kind words, Kent. Bazar does make a brass set as well, but in their current offering, the brass, copper and aluminum cups are all made on the same chucks. So they are the same size.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't recall the name but a guy in Australia makes a FABULOUS heavy copper set of cups.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Those are the Stephen Elve cups. I can't recall the maker, but the one disadvantage they have is that the dimple in the bottom is a bit small. You can't do a three ball display on top of the inverted cup, unless you use one about the size of a pea. However, that bit is not absolutely necessary for the cups and balls.

I just found the manufacturer on Google. His name is Dave Lord.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

keymaster
View Profile
New user
Australia
13 Posts

Profile of keymaster
Thanks guys, I think that I may go for the Bazar copper cups, as I can get them for $40AUS, which is pretty cheap and seem good for use.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I think you will be very happy with those cups. And that is not a bad price at all.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Jailhouse Jonny
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Jailhouse Jonny
I recently narrowed my cup choice down to those two sets. Using advice from the Café, Jim Riser's Web pages, and a few other links from Café people, I went to the largest magic shop in my area (Midwest Magic in Franklin Park, Illinois). They had both the Bazar and the "new" Morrisey and other in assorted metals and woods. The Bazar had a better dimple and the copper had a nicer fell for the extra 10 bucks. I bought the Bazars for anout $35.00 Since I've only had them for a few weeks it's to soon to give a full workout and review. For purchases like this I felt it was important to actually see and feel before I bought. That's why it is good to get to a real magic shop, if you have one available.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I couldn't agree more. You really need hands-on experience with any set of cups to tell whether it is suitable for you to use. That was one of the advantages of last year's IBM convention. There were several cup makers there, and you could try almost anything you wanted to.

Even Brett Sherwood was there.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Morrissey or Bazar de Magia cups? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL