The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Copperfield effect help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Does anyone know the effect that Copperfield used in his Statue of Libert special where he had 3 audience members name 3 numbers. Those numbers were that actual numbers of a room key that had been sealed in front of the audience.

What is the name of that effect? Is there a marketed version of that effect that is sold? Were the numbers engraved on the key or merely written on a sticker.
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
It is a Don Wayne marketed effect called "Room Service."
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
WesRay
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of WesRay
Sounds a lot like "Room Service". I'm pretty sure it's available to buy. At least, it used to be.

EDIT: Err...yeah, what Dave said. Smile
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Thanks guys. Is the 3 digit number written on a tag or sticker or engraved on the key?
WesRay
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of WesRay
Not sure. I don't have this effect. Merely read about it over the years. Smile
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
The numbers are inscribed on the key.

- entity
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Yes,its the exact Don Wayne's effect Room Service.I used to have it.
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
You cannot perform the Copperfield version of room Service without an assistant. But its a great enough effect to stand alone.
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
1000 Posts

Profile of kcalB
1.Round white avery brand 1 1/2" stick on label applied to both sides of the metal object in question which is kept in your pocket.
2.Key ring inside of paycheck envelope.
3.Room number chosen.
4.NW the info.

Miracle Accomplished
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 17:14, Sebastian Black wrote:
1.Round white avery brand 1 1/2" stick on label applied to both sides of the metal object in question which is kept in your pocket.
2.Key ring inside of paycheck envelope.
3.Room number chosen.
4.NW the info.

Miracle Accomplished

Koran did the same effect, and it is shown on the new Osterlind DVD set of ETMMM.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I would go for the Koran method too...or create a new one...perhaps...?
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
chicagoman
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of chicagoman
Did anyone see Copperfield a year or 2 back do an effect on stage with large ESP cards and specs making the choices.

I saw it, I just can't remember the sequence--I know, my bad.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
I have a version of room service/gold medalion where the medalion is in the spectators possession before the reveal, and the number is actually engraved into solid brass. As a final you ask the spectator their astrological sign, when they turn it over its engraved on the back!!. And they can hold it in their hands nothing to find.
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
I do believe Water's has a variation to this in Mind, Myth & Magic. Too, there is a PW method for doing this (I think it's in a Riggs book on PW techniques)... the other side of the coin is to look into a bit known as THE MEDALLION. Come to think of it, either MAGICK or SYZYGY had a bit like this that used a Swami...

... ain't it amazing how many versions of the same mouse trap we magic types can create?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Copperfield effect help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL