The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Full time mentalists in the uk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
aawb122pm
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of aawb122pm
Are there many mentalists working full time in the uk.
Also,where do they work ?
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I work pretty much full time at this. I perform close-up magic as well as mentalism and used to do stage hypno too. The kinds of things I perform at are weddings, restaurants, dinner parties, corporate events such as company anniversaries, universities and college balls.

Its the best job I've ever had. Im my own boss (well myself and my customers) and I get to perform magic and mentalism for people who really enjoy it.

Best,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Yes, see my previous posts !!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
'Full time' is an extremely interesting concept.
For example, although many of the guys in here will receive higher and/or lower payments than this, many of us will work 2 x gigs per week on average for a fee of 'around' £250 (sterling), which gives us approx £25k for a 2 - 4 hour week.
I think that's pretty cool!

Bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Wow £250 for doing magic. That is great. I didn't realsie there was that much money in it. Hmm

Chris
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Chris, do you not perform for money? Just a question as you seem so suprised at £250 for doing magic. Magic and mentalism are very skillful careers and people need to pay reasonably for skill and talent.

I define professional as: I make my living from this. Of cours ei have additional little bits and pieces to keep the mind occupied but hey...

Best,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
No I don't perform for money but I'd like to someday. £250 sure sounds like a lot of money for a days work! I checked out your website and I really like it, impressed with you customer list as well. You must be good.

Chris
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
£250 I think for corporate work is not good. I wouldnt get out of bed for less than £750
Pongo_The_Clown
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Pongo_The_Clown
£750 is peanuts. Personally I wouldn't get out of bed for less than £5000 so I stay in bed a lot....
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Ian do you like to sleep as well? £750 is more money than I earn in a month. Is it a show you would do or more david blaine style magic in the hands. wow £750...I am going to start to practice as I would rally like to make lots of money doing magic.

Chris
Aaron Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Aaron Lucas
Quote:
On 2005-02-18 06:32, Ian Broadmore wrote:
£250 I think for corporate work is not good. I wouldnt get out of bed for less than £750

How come your website looks like it cost about £5 then?
Just a magic lovin dude
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
AAron
A/ because my website is not on line!!! your looking at an old site about clinical hypnotherapy.
B/My corporate site is "off line" so you cant have seen it
c/My other corporate site which offers corporate training to companys worldwide (not mentalism) is successful and pulls in lots of hits (and work) from this site alone I have an additional income stream which reaches six figures over a year.
d/ My MINIMUM fee for corporate depending on audience size, location etc is £750. Average fee £1500/£2500 40 mins nice work thanks Im a happy bunny Smile
Graham_Salisbury
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Graham_Salisbury
Chris, I understand that the Café's own Drew McAdam will soon be publishing a book about "how to take an interest in magic and turn it from a pastime into a well-paying profession".

It will be published by Mr Ian Rowland. Target date - April.

Details on Ian Rowland's website:
http://www.ianrowland.com/
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Making money from magic looks like fun. I have lots of money to pay back so £750 sounds gret - are there any vacancies in the industry? My community serviecw ill be finished soon so I can start practicing.

I would like that book.

Chris
Kevin Cook
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Kevin Cook
Its nice to see Ian showing off about how much money he earns. more people should do that, the world would be a more caring place I think.
Aaron Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Aaron Lucas
Funny comments, Patient One Smile

I wonder why Ian writes about how much money he makes? I think that very successful people are generally modest about their income. Those who make claims about large salaries in a public place are either horribly insecure or total and utter bulls*****rs.

"Where boasting ends, there dignity begins." - Owen Young
Just a magic lovin dude
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I think Ian is correct. He has no reason to lie. In my job I get stressed sometimes and if I was very stressed I would go to somebody like Ian to releiev me.

Chris
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
C'mon guys. You only have to look at Ian Broadmoor's photo to know that he's not lying!
It's also the face of intelligence and modesty.
So... leave the guy alone!
And to you Ian might I suggest a smile? C'mon... just a wee one... that's a boy!!!

Yours in friendship,
Bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
Thanks bobser, my photo does make me look a miserable git (which I'm not) hence my web site is being updated with new promo pics of a happy smiling me (because of the money Im making and the fun I'm having doing it). I always find it quite strange that people seem to find it hard to talk about what they earn?. why not blow your own trumpet??. A few years ago I was at rock bottom, on benefits & bankrupt!. I believed in myself & my abilities and decided to change my life. Anybody can do what I have done, I'm not special, The difference is talking about it and doing it!!. And I'm definetly not insecure in fact I'm very secure. Aaron Some make it happen, some watch it happen,and some say "what happened". Which category do you fall in.....
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
As I say: optimists have more fun....

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Full time mentalists in the uk (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL