The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind's NEW e-book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
I just finished reading Richard's newest edition of e-books, THE BUSINESS OF MAGIC, and I can honestly say it's some of best writings. Good, solid, sound advise that we ALL need to heed. You have my compliments friend.
Corriveau
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Corriveau
How many pages are in this book?
The ad on the website doesn't tell.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Does it matter?
Corriveau
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Corriveau
Yes
B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
I think I have to agree with Dr_Zodiac. A manuscript of Mr. Osterlind's caliber can only be evaluated qualitatively. So many people out there stuff useless information in a book because they know many people value quantity over quality. I'm not aware of the page count for this latest manuscript (I haven't read it yet) but with the reputation for excellence that Mr. Osterlind has shown with his previous works I would not hesitate to make the investment of time and money if you feel that this book is suited to you and your performing style (that of a corporate entertainer).
So in other words, don't judge a .pdf by it's page count! Smile
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Corriveau,

The book contains 41 pages.

Richard
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Are you buying books by the pound?

Quote:
On 2005-02-16 23:31, Corriveau wrote:
How many pages are in this book?
The ad on the website doesn't tell.

ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
I would like to know if I can read it under a harvest moon in October....PLEASE!

I wish more performers would put out more stuff on the "business"! Then half the idiots who perform lousy magic and make those of us devoted to the art look bad, will think twice before working that next gig they pick up b/c some person saw them perform the latest cut they learned from the Buck Brothers.

Listen people, we need to learn the business...we owe it to our customers! I fully believe that part of the respect for this art is also a respect for the little learned business aspects that I think are just as important.

Off my soap box.....
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1545 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I've heard it said many times...this is a two part deal...show-business.

There are many that are good at one part, but not the other. I feel that I've got a good show now, but the business part has been tough..

Thanks for being willing to put this book out. I know that we've discussed such things in the past, glad you put this out.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Can you read by a fox... can you read it in a box... can it be spread on with bagels & lox?

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2005-02-17 10:01, Jon Stetson wrote:
Are you buying books by the pound?

No, by the dollar.
(hehehe)
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Shouldn't this be in the Inner Thoughts? LOL
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2005-02-17 12:21, johne wrote:
Shouldn't this be in the Inner Thoughts? LOL

Or Thinner Thoughts.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Exactly LOL...
Dark Thought 13
View Profile
Regular user
Washington D.C.
122 Posts

Profile of Dark Thought 13
Sorry Guys, I have to point out that how many pages in a book does matter.. I know my fingers can only cope with 40 pages a read so either I'll have to train to do the extra page or miss out on Osterlinds book..
"I love the one with the plastic thumb!"
Someone who has seen a s*** magician
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
In case you haven't caught on, Corriveau, you really should forget all about how many pages the book has and worry about what's ON those pages.

Would it impress you if the book was 300 pages? How about a 300 page book of useless garbage?

Well, based on past experience, I can guarantee you that if the subject matter interests you, then 41 pages of Osterlind is plenty, and will serve you well.
Corriveau
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Corriveau
Thanks guys.
I have a lot to learn in this field of mentalism.
Someday I will be on your level.

At least now I know that 40 pages is a job I will wait to print at home, rather than try and do it here on the hotel printer where I am staying.
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Touche...good point Corriveau LOL
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Speaking of business, does anyone feel that the business end tarnishes the art of it all? I know I feel more free in my performance when I am not being paid. When I am being paid, I basically stick with my basic show because it works, so there is not much new for me in it.

I took "Corinda Effect" out for the first time today. I have the BCS down ok, and it really stunned a few people, even some who are a little hep to magic. Problems I ran into were that some people tried to shuffle the cards and some could not perform 3 or four cuts without messing up. This usually occurred above the table. What I would really like is to find a way to have the deck placed face DOWN on the table before being covered. Any ideas?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind's NEW e-book (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL