The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Great news from Jay Sankey. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Kind of a bad news/good news kind of thing.

I emailed him asking about his new book that was supposed to come out. I guess it's been ready for over a year, but there are delays with the publisher that will delay it another year. Smile

The great news!

By this Christmas, he's going to be advertising two new DVD's called "Sankey's Secret Files". He describes them as "big".

The best part?

Both DVD's will contain only brand new material! Now I don't know about the other Sankey fans out there, but I'm definitely saving my pennies!
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Sankey DVD's featuring only new material—that's a very pleasant surprise! Smile
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Oh yeah. I'm betting these two new DVD's will be monster sellers.

I asked him:
Quote:
Is it safe to assume that the tapes/DVD's will be mostly new stuff or will they be compendiums like the "Best Of" or
"Sanketized" series?

And he replied :
Quote:
The DVD's will be ALL NEW STUFF, buddy.
Serious,
Sankey

Exciting eh? Smile Smile Smile
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
metaphyzix
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of metaphyzix
Did you ask him if it was shot in the confines of his living room again?
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Actually, I didn't.

If the magic is strong, I couldn't care less where he films it...
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Rodney Massey
View Profile
Loyal user
pickering, ontario
231 Posts

Profile of Rodney Massey
Great, 8 new tricks using the Erdnase colour change.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sankey. But lately (forgive me guys) I've been wondering— does Jay actually perform anymore? Or is he making his living off selling his new creations to wannabe magicians?

How long has it been since Jay tipped his mitt? If I pay to go to his lecture am I going to get audience tested material or is he just sitting at home right now trying to come up with the next little thing in a zip-loc baggy with a fancy cover to go in the counter at the shop?

Please don't misinterpret me. I thoroughly enjoy Jay's magic and have purchased his books and seen him lecture several times— but does he work for anyone but magicians anymore? Think about it.
Rod
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
I'm willing to wait until the DVD's are actually released and reviewed before I pass any kind of judgement on them.

Speculating about their contents (or Jay's motives) without facts seems fruitless and perhaps a bit unfair.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Being that we are on a Jay Sankey thread, I am wondering if you guys can help me out. 12 or 13 years ago I bought the manufacturing rights to an effect that Jay sells today. I bought it from him over the phone. I sent him U.S. funds to his home in Toronto. I marketed this effect as a Jay Sankey effect, under the name All Stuck Up, for many years. I have renamed this Fresh for other reasons. I still sell this. Recently I have received emails that I should stop selling this item as it is Jay's.

What would you do?

I have been in contact with Mr.Sankey just recently, and I am waiting to hear from him.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Jim Pace
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
375 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
Hi Jim,

First of all, I would wait a period of a couple of weeks for Jay to respond. If he doesn't, send him a registered letter.

Did Jay Sankey retain his right to also market the effect?

Do you have a written contract?

Who are the emails from, people accusing you of ripping off Jay Sankey or from Jay Sankey himself? If it's from other people you can get Jay to write a simple "Jim Pace has the manufacturing rights to this Jay Sankey original effect, signed Jay Sankey". Have this attached to the bottom of any manuscript you provide with the product.

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
Jay's pretty good about answering his email if you give him a day or two.

Jim Pace

Jim,
You might want to read this post.

Click Here!

If he's moving his website, there's a possibility that his mail is messed up. You might want to try contacting him again.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Thank you. Jay and I have worked things out.
Jim Pace
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
375 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
Good to hear you have worked things out between yourselves before it turned too nasty.

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2002-10-03 02:41, Jim Pace wrote:
Thank you. Jay and I have worked things out.
Jim Pace
Glad to hear it. I've never seen the effect reviewed. It's based on something out of one of Sankey's books isn't it?

Will you and Jay still be marketing your various handlings of the effect separately?
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Ellusionist
View Profile
New user
Texas
25 Posts

Profile of Ellusionist
Jay's new DVD's are for sale for his mailing list people. I'm going to get both, I can't wait! Smile

Check out:

http://www.sankeymagic.com

He is launching his new website in November, and he promises that it will be awesome.

Smile
ç h r ï § ç h æ f f è r
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Great news from Jay Sankey. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL