The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Fairytale magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
These are great posts, guys! in answer to your question, tgunther, I do not have as much "professional" experience as many of you guys out there, so please correct me if you feel I am misled. I think you should not see a show, take a liking to one of his tricks, and use it in your own show. on the other hand, the reason we're all here is to share information that we use in our shows in hopes that it helps the rest of us improve what we're doing. however, I would not look at some of these posts, where someone has made mention of a trick they do and the patter that goes with it, and use it in my show either. it is when someone makes a reasonable suggestion to me that I might use it, although I might alter it a little to fit the curcumstances, etc. you guys out there that are way smarter than me, please correct me as you see fit.
**--snap--**
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8687 Posts

Profile of harris
I agree, it is wise to create a show that is you, not someone you saw and liked there work.

Ideas can come from many mediums.

I suggest you check out non magic books like "A kick in the seat of the pants", "The Artist Way" or "Whack in the side of the head" All will lead you down creative paths.

The artist way suggest one go on "artistic outings" to get ideas.

Recently I saw a movie titled The Commander. The ship captain got an idea about war-fare(not my cup of tea, but used as an example) from watching an insect that looks like a stick. It reminded me of taking one idea from something that is not theatrical/magic and as they say in Star Trek, "Make it so".

Be safe, well and creative.

Once upon a time... Nah this is so much fun...

Twice upon a time....

Infinity and Beyond..........(Copy right infraction from an animated movie.)

Speaking of copyrights.. when I use a line from a movie, sometimes Nigel(Pictured in avatar) calls me on copyright infrigeratermate(sic on made up word)

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Doing a fairy tale version your way is not copying. Doing it identical to Arnie Kolonder routine is.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Fairytale magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL