The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Copper Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alpen
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
163 Posts

Profile of Alpen
What is the difference between the copper cups and the "guild" cups on the Gary Animal website?

Is one metal-alloy more resistant than the other?
Which metal-alloy requires less maintenance?
What color is "guild"?
Is there any advantages in choosing "guild" over copper? Or is it simply a question of personnal taste?

Thanks
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
Bill Palmer (or Gary Animal) will probably step in, but have you emailed Gary to ask?
Chris
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-02-17 19:14, Alpen wrote:
What is the difference between the copper cups and the "guild" cups on the Gary Animal website?

Is one metal-alloy more resistant than the other?
Which metal-alloy requires less maintenance?
What color is "guild"?
Is there any advantages in choosing "guild" over copper? Or is it simply a question of personnal taste?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by "less resistant." Less resistant to electrical current? Less resistent to tarnish? Less resistant to dents? Less resistant to insects?

Maintenance is another question. Specifically what kind of maintenance do you mean?

Guild metal is yellowish. Gary Animal describes it fairly well at his web site http://www.yellowmelon.co.uk

My impression of it is that it is a yellow bronze alloy. Most "copper" cups are actually red bronze. Few cups use pure copper. Pure copper is very soft.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mcmc
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of mcmc
Actually, he doesn't. Bill, have you gone to his site lately (like in the past few days)? All his links are gone, and he directs people who want to buy his products, to Gazzo's site...

Guess he's not selling anything from yellowmelon anymore. Bummer. I liked his 'specials' links.

Btw, where does one get Gazzo seconds? Or are they even available anymore?

maurice
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
You could still e-mail Gary directly and ask him about the guild cups. I'm waiting for a set of guild cups to be delivered from Gary, so can't say (yet) what the difference is. One of their selling points is that Gary says that they're 'stronger' cups - so expect that the alloy is not as soft as the 'copper' cups, meaning that you can give them a good thrashing if you so desire. Not sure how they tarnish, though - I will be interested to find that out.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24260 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I think the last time I went to his site was about Feb 15 or so. I developed some computer problems after that, and hit ony a few of my favorite web sites. He has been up and down for about two months. I'll e-mail him and see what is going on.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Mcmc,
Aren't they at his website: http://www.magicpitch.com ?
I think they sell them there, look under the "shop" catagory.
Or are those his first sets?
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Those are the Gazzo cups. Gary Animal has retired from cup making for a while, except to supply Gazzo with his cups. All other sizes (Babes, Animals, Love, Golf) come directly from Gary until stock runs out. He's pulled the ads from his website, so I assume the stock is gone. Your best bet now is to contact Gary Animal directly if he happens to have any left, or wait for some to show up on ebay.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Gary has some stock in right now. Some things have been pre-ordered by customers, but what's not sold will likely be shipped to Gazzo. It looks as though some lines may be discontinued. I'd get in touch with him by e-mail (the address is on his website http://www.yellowmelon.co.uk) - he's pretty quick answering e-mails.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Taliesin is right. I just saw on Gazzo's site, http://www.magicpitch.com that they will be selling some of Gary's cups for him later this month. It seems the daily grind of order fulfillment has shifted to magicpitch instead of Gary Animal personally having to deal with it, leaving him to get where he wants to be, back out on the streets.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Hello People,
I have had lots of computor problems and have killed my site. You can email me as before or at mail@garyanimal.co.uk which is better as it gets less spam. I am making 2mm mega thick copper babes ,animals, gazzos and love cups. They will be ready in April via magicpitch.com. If I have promised you something email reminds as my records on this *** thing are nil.
I have just finished 10 sets of copper and 10 sets of guild in the mini golf cup and they should be at magicpitch in about 10 days along with a couple more mega animals (small top gazzos) 2 sets of babes and another sets of mega thick Gazzo guild cups- the last two went straight away and did not even get up on the site.
As for guild it is harder than copper, more golden to look at. I think the mega thick 2mm coppers will be the nicest personally ( unless you can afford silver)
I do not know when I will put yellowmelon up again ,going to see how it pans out. Will try to turn it into an information site packed with all you'll ever need to know about the cups.
Good luck to all this summer. I'm not doing the cups myself going to work on something else for a laugh.
Will probably end up doing the cups as I always do.
shagging things
Gary A
http://www.garyanimal.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Copper Cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL