We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Preshow hypnotic suggestions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
A general question here...

Do people use discrete preshow hypnotic suggestions to influence spectator choices on stage and what are their views on it?

I'm looking for resources or information on this as I'm struggling a little with my practice.

Is it just (?) a case of reading through MaGill and practicing? It's just that I don't want people to think they're chickens, just to 'remember' their lucky card is the five of diamonds!

Any pointers, as usual, appreciated.
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Well, I'm a pro stage hypnotist as well as being a mentalist and I never do pre-show hypnotic work in my mentalism show for a number of reasons. if you want the person to "remember" their lucky card, have them write it down. The combination of visual and kinesthetic actions helps lock that into their minds far better than doing a more formal hypnotic program with them.

Besides, people walking by and seeing someone with their head down and eyes closed are going to do one of several things - ask what's going on (disrupting things, possibly), realize what you are doing and yell "fake" when you go on stage or join you in "prayer." Smile

Ormond's work is well and fine for stage hypnosis, but he does not really address mentalism performances very much in his Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism.

Pre show is for gathering info. Use it for that. If you find yourself having trouble getting someone to remember something later in the evening, you might reconsider using that bit in your show.

Just a few comments from the trenches.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Smile Intresting Withnail...........I like your mind............can I have it!?
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I have used suggestions to guide people to write down information that is loaded with pre-suppositions. This means later I can feed back many times the amount they have written down to make it appear to them I am in deed reading their mind.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Shrink..
sounds good, could you give an example, elaborate just a bit further?

thanx
Baba
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Cheers to all who are helping with this thread btw - sorry for my delayed thanks!

PsychoMagi - my mind is all yours. Please bring your own bolt cutters though Smile
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Preshow hypnotic suggestions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL