The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Blueprints - Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
I've had a lot of emails asking what all was in the "Blueprints" notes so here ya go...I hope this helps...

... there are 7 things in the notes...3 moves and 4 effects...

1. Ego Slip - it is an EXACT replication of openly placing a card into the center of a deck...you can even leave the card outjogged. Jim Paton said that it was one of the cleanest things he has ever seen..."a truly new-original card move"

2. One Point Production - A utility move for loading and visually producing cards on a table top.

3. White or Wheat - this is what a CLEAN sandwich effect should look like...two cards are openly shown and examined...fairly dropped onto the table...card is selected and imidiatly ends up inbetween the tabled jokers...and it can be signed.

4. Math - This is a cocktail effect that I did for years at corperate events...show two quarters...close your hand and cause one quarter to immediatly jump across to join the other...have the spec. cup their hand and drop the two quarter very openly into their hands...where they mend together in mid air to creat a 50 cent piece.

5. The Ego Change - this is a very CLEAN looking color change that will give you a big ego...hehe

6. Nacho Mama's Triumph - an all in the hands trimph routine that I continuously get emails about saying to remove this effect from the notes...becuase they don't want any other magicians to know...it will FRY your magic buddies..

7. Personal Safe - this is a coin across routine that acctually end with the spectators ring vanishing from THEIR OWN HAND...and it really does.

That's the list...its all working material that I still use at every gig....let me know if you have any quetions.

All those who have ordered already...I REALLY appreciate your interest in my thinking...thanks for the support.

Daniel Garcia
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
I can attest that this is an accurate description of the notes and he should remove that routine from all future sets. You snooze, you lose!.

Kirk Grodske
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of MSD921
I am a recent purchaser of Blueprints. Great stuff. 7 strong, concise routines. 5 cards - 2 coins. The experience with Magic-notes, to buy the e-book, was also very good. Garcia and Magic-notes have proved to be a good resource and combination for FRESH effects.
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
771 Posts

Profile of Loz
I also give a large thumbs up. This is probably the best e-book I have purchased. I have purchased many, and was starting to think they were a cheapo way for the odd magish to make a buck out of unimpressive material. However, having already been familiar with Daniel's excellent Torn, I dove in for his notes. Splendid routining, novel ideas, and stuff I really enjoyed. Well done DG.
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Thanks Loz....i hope you guys get some use out of the material...i did Your Personal Safe last night and had a lady actually RUN AROUND THE BAR....haha...it was great.

Daniel
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Here is my review:

1. Ego Slip - I've seen this before, and it is a great idea, however it is somewhat angly and it is too "covered" to be used all the time IMHO... perhaps I need to see a video. However, it will definitely work most of the time, and it is a good alternative to the other controls to the top that leave an outjogged card in the middle. 7/10

2. One Point Production - Again, I've seen this before, and played around with it. It is an intresting method used sparingly, but it is more visual than magical. While very different because of cover and the fact that everything is tabled, effect-wise it is similar to the top shot... Very nice move of course, but implementing it in a routine is pretty difficult. 8/10

3. White or Wheat - Uses the one point production in an interesting manner. This is a good sandwich effect, however it has the same weaknesses as the one point production... 8/10

4. Math - This is a solid coin sequence, which does a good job of hiding the half and vanishing the quarters, however nothing really revolutionary, this is on par with most other currency exchanging coin effects (2 halfs to a silver dollar, then 10 dimes, ect). 7/10

5. The Ego Change - Again, I've seen this done before and have been doing it for a while. It is a decent change, however the cleanup leaves something to be desired, but it is great in a pinch after you've shown them the regular variations. 9/10

6. Nacho Mama's Triumph - I've seen this before, using this handling of Triumph to bring about a color changing deck... None of the magicians I've shown it to were fooled, in fact many of them had already played with it before on their own... I agree some magicians might be fooled, but since many have played with this, they will follow what is going on. 9/10

7. Personal Safe - This routine is highlighted by the last part. The first couple phases are basic as any coins across, but the thing that sets this apart is the final vanish of the ring from their hand. It is very interesting and a cool idea to use. I don't know exactly which parts are Gertner's and which are Garcia's, but it is a cool final phase none the less and great to use on spectators. All the power of a coin traveling to the hand with an added bonus of stealing their ring. It also provides a new twist(which has always been lacking in traditional routines) by making the laast coin the most powerful and different. 10/10.

Overall: I was looking for a ton of new original material when I purchased this, and I don't think that is what is offered... perhaps it was originally created, but personally found that 6 out of the 7 effects I've played around with or seen friend magicians doing years ago.

If you don't play around with things or don't watch other magicians, you'll find a lot of great material in here. It is cool stuff that is very useful. I think all of it is good stuff, but be warned it might not be new to you. 8/10
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6463 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I can say from watching it that the Ego slip fooled a roomful of guys at the Castle... even after he showed us what was going on.
I know that move alone will find its way into many card routines.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Sorry Daegs...didn't mean to disappoint you....1 bad review out of 200 great reviews...thats reasonable.

Daniel
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Actually Danny, Daegs review I think was "good". Is that what "8/10" means? As for whether the stuff is "original" or not, are any of these routines that you speak of Daegs in print? I mean, obviously there are color changing decks, coins across, and card sleights published in the thousands... but the moves/handlings written up by Danny, are those anywhere else or are they just things "you have seen"?

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Revisions:

I honestly don't know whether and where they are in print. I know that sounds bad, and it is. I'm just saying, that myself and other magician friends have seen that stuff years ago. I don't know when the notes were released, but none of the other magicians had heard Garcia's name attached to any of it...

This may be a case of learning through the grapevine, but the talk about these notes was that there was a bunch of crazy original stuff that no one had seen and are magician foolers, and I personally found that not to be the case.

Syd is correct, The effects are solid and the notes themselves are great.

Per specific stuff: I know I have seen the Optical Reverse/Faro type Triumph routine been used with color changing deck. In fact I think I saw a handling where not only was it a color changing deck but the rest of the deck(minus 2 cards which were ditched) turned up blank too. I know Troy Hoosier has the Tenkai reverse/Faro type Triumph in print, not sure if that is where the color change / blank routine comes from.

The "1 point production" I don't believe was in print, but just stuff I had "seen".

The coins accross has been in print up till the last phase... However, as I said the motivation for the ring and the actual steal are excellent and the best thing I found in the notes.

I want to re-iterate that I think the material is great, it is just that I had been geared up to expect things I hadn't seen before, and as it turned out 5 out of 7 of the things in there I have done before for audiences. So it is more of a personal gripe than something that everyone encountered, but I thought I should include it because it is how I felt.

Daniel: If possible, it would help to see pictures of how you perform the ego slip from the front, or a video from the front...Perhaps I have just never seen anyone do it justice.... If you have a demo anywhere, please let us know.
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
The "One point production" bears similarities with an item published many years ago in a Genii magazine which was called I think "Card Happening" by Hideo Kato. Ernest Earick has a variation published in his book By Forces Unseen. As for the Ego Slip there has been some related concept published here in there but for me at least this particular sequence of move is new.

I found the notes to be very stimulating. Thanks for sharing!

Yves
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Hey Daegs, thanks for the response. I myself have seen things similar to what Danny has published, just not exact. For instance, the coins acrossis basically Roth's Shelled Coins Across (which Danny mentions) with the Gertner idea of using a ring (Familiar Ring). I believe vanishing the ring from the spectator's hand is what makes that routine shine. Also, the one point production has been documented elsewhere other than here. In fact, I believe Danny mentions that he got the idea from a Japanese magician (Hideo Kato maybe?). But, the move as Danny does it is on Gaston Quieto's first video "Twenty". Danny had never seen that video prior to me notifying him but now acknowledges its prior creation. Overall, I felt that the notes had some really good ideas in them. Yes, you can say that similar things exist already, but his variants have improved (IMO) the overall effects.

Cant wait for the DVD's Danny...

S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
AH YES!!!!! It was Twenty!!!

I have that video but didn't relize that was where I had seen it...

Thanks for the reference Smile

-Daegs

ps still would like to see ego slip video from audience perspective Smile
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
A lot of people would be happy paying a lot of money if they get one "worker" from a book or set of notes. That coins across sounds pretty good.
I hate learning magic on my computer though. Can you print out the notes and make yourself a hard copy?
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Ixnay66, I believe the notes come in a PDF format, so I would assume you can print them out. If not, I am sure Danny will sell you a "hard copy."

S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I bought an e-book once and it was locked. I'm fine printing my own copy as long as the PDF isn't locked.
RazzleDazzle
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
107 Posts

Profile of RazzleDazzle
Great material Daniel. I am very satisfied with notes. I would like to see a demo clip of the ego slip performed however. Seeing how it looks in your hands, or at full speed would be very helpful with learning it from the desciption/pictures in the notes Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Just purchased these notes myself and I have to say, they are excellent. I love good sandwich efffects and card to impossible location effects; White or Wheat really fits the bill on both counts. Totally stunning. Can't wait to start using it.

I have never seen any of those moves before, but then again, I've been out of the magic world for a long time.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Hey Guys...I just talked to the webdesigners tonight...and the video of the Ego Slip ans well as other effect will be on the site shortly...thanks again

Daniel Garcia
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2005-02-27 19:22, Daegs wrote:
Here is my review:

1. Ego Slip - I've seen this before, and it is a great idea, however it is somewhat angly and it is too "covered" to be used all the time IMHO... perhaps I need to see a video. However, it will definatly work most of the time, and it is a good alternative to the other controls to the top that leave an outjogged card in the middle. 7/10

I bought these notes and think they are great. I really like Ego slip the best of all and disagree with you about it being angly and covered. If you look at the deck while you place the card, sure, not good. I think however that the move is intended to be casual. Don't look and just do it. I add the Sankey move from "45" to show the card after "Ego-Slippin" it. Works perfect for that.
Killer stuff Daniel. I'll be buying all your other stuff real soon. ***, I need another job Smile
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Blueprints - Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL