The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magical Heroes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
262 Posts

Profile of IanB
There are so many I would like to spend time with, but here are a few of my choices:

Harry Lorayne
Dai Vernon
Larry Jennings
Roger Crosthwaite
Simon Lovell
Aldo Colombini
Eugene Burger
Max Maven
David Roth
Simon Aronson
Merlyn of 8
View Profile
Regular user
Massachusetts U.S.A.
147 Posts

Profile of Merlyn of 8
I think that my list would have to include;
Harry Houdini
Mark Willson
Doug Henning
Eugene Burger
Lance Burton
Cheers,

Thomas Cleveland

"Life is a jurney,enjoy the jurney"
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Al Koran
Anneman
T.A. Waters
Kreskin
Ian Rowland
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
I feel very lucky that I have met a few who were full of ideas backed by experience and have kindly helped me become a less bad performer, even though Tasmania is a fairly isolated piece of Heaven (otherwise known as Australia);

Card Mondor first as a dealer, then as a customer for silk screen stuff then as a mentor while I helped to prepare his autobiography and publish it. One sad aspect of his unexpected death was that he asked me to get him a tape recorder so he could record some thoughts. He died that night.
I learnt a hell of alot but wish my memory was better for there was much he said I probably have already forgotten.

Billy McComb when he was doing cruises.

Tom Ogden tried to see Tasmania in one day. It takes at least two!

And some I met at Conventions or have corresponded with

Karrel Fox
Henrique
Bev Bergeron
Richard Webster
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
To name a few:

Rene Lavand
Jim Steinmeyer
Guy Jarrett
Jay Sankey
Max Maven
Don Alan
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
My heroes are everyone before me who has kept magic alive. I do have specific favorites (too many to list).

My dream dinner would include all of the members of the Cafe, You are all invited to my house for a barbecue.

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Smile
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
You can barbecue a bat?

Some of my favorite heroes (in no particular order):

PFC Bert Yaroch, USMC (my uncle)
Todd Beamer and men like him.
CDR Micheal G. Hoff, USN
LT Tom Waterburry, USN
Martin Luther King Jr. and anyone else who ever died fighting for the rights of others.
Yakworld.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

Bat is one of my specialties, I marinate it in a secret blend of spooky spices and wrap it in flash paper so it cooks instantly.

Smile

Smile
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2002-02-07 13:16, Ichazod wrote:
[...]
My dream dinner would include all of the members of the Cafe, You are all invited to my house for a barbecue

What time and how do we get there?

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

7 p.m. just go down main street & take a left by the church, with the for sale sign
(I had nothing to do with it).

See you all at 7 Smile

I made 85 gallons of potato salad, so all of you better show up.
btaxin
View Profile
Regular user
san francisco
152 Posts

Profile of btaxin
Some luminaries who have inspired me include Juan Tamariz, Roger Klause, Dai Vernon, Paul Harris, Johnny Thompson, and, who's that guy who helped me get a fantastic memory? Oh yeah, Harry Lorayne Smile

Bob Taxin
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
David Copperfield will always be a top hero for me. I watched his 1991 special on CBS, I was about 6 or 7.. I've been hooked on magic since.

If not for the artistry of his illusions... I probably wouldn't be on here today. Now my list includes the likes of Mike Ammar, David Roth, Jeff Mcbride, Lance Burton, Dai Vernon, Bobo, Blaine-for his style, Daryl, McClintock, and others. Thank you Copperfield... Smile
majorshaw
View Profile
New user
Randy Shaw
73 Posts

Profile of majorshaw
Some I know have never heard of some of these, but have been a part of the magic we know and love.

Blackstone Sr
Blackstone Jr
Karroll Fox
Paul Daniels
Edwin
Roy Kessell
Paul Diamond

All but 2 are dead and I miss the time spent learning and hearing the story's. Other have mention several other greats. I didn't want you to think I was forgetting them. But the only name on my list that was recorded was Sr. And I need to share.

Thanks

Randy
AIMC with Silver Star
R.Shaw

AIMC with Silver Star
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
If I could travel in time, I'd like to sit in and watch some Vernon, Jennings and Cervon sessions together.

I would also love to have met Ross Bertram, Don Alan, Karrell Fox and Ed Marlo.

Living magicians I'd like to have dinner with or spend prolonged time with, for a variety of reasons:

- Johnny & Pam Thompson
- Bob Fitch
- Wesley James

There are really too many to name. I would love to have lunch and spend an afternoon with anyone on this board.
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have been fortunate enough to spend time with and actually get to know many of my heroes:

Aldo Colombini
David Roth
Dan Fleshman
Allan Ackerman
Larry Jennings
Ray Grismer
Paul Green
Gary Ouellet
Juan Tamariz
Marc DeSouza
Jay Marshall
Stan Kramien
Shimada

There are many others with whom I have not had this privilege, most notably Dai Vernon, Nate Leipzig, Anneman, JG Thompson, Johnny Thompson, Harry Lorayne, Slydini, Cardini, Malini, Houdini, Ricky Jay and many more. But I get to know them through their writings and video footage. This is truly a special era in magic.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
brainman
View Profile
Special user
971 Posts

Profile of brainman
first the nice ones..then the evil ones and now... and now a mixture of both...

YOU ALL!
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Ohhh, if only I could...

Tony 'Doc' Sheils
Tony Andruzzi
Eugene Burger
Eugene Poinc
Max Maven
Jeff McBride
T.A. Waters
Robert Neale
Punx
and of course, Moses.

Thanks for the great thread!
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
Comhrac
View Profile
New user
Central CA
4 Posts

Profile of Comhrac
Having just stumbled across this list and site I couldn't wait to register. My Magickal Hero was one of the greatest friends I ever had. He became my Mentor, my friend, and was like a Grand-Father as well. When he passed away I was numb. Even now just writing this I have tears in my eyes. Some of my fondest memories are the times we spent together.

The man I speak of is the late Great Bascom Jones.

He would preview material for his magazine MAGICK with me. We would try out many effects to test their worth to the community. The last time we talked, he had called me and asked me to come over to get a book from him. He wanted me to review it for him. He was under the weather and thought he was catching the flu. I was supposed to come back in 2 days and had called to make sure he was home. His sister in law answered and told me he was in the hospital. I went there and accessed the ICU by wearing scrubs from my work. They thought I was a Doctor. That was the last time I saw him. Bascom was cremated and his ashes scattered.

I still miss him.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Well, I've had a lucky life because two of my magic heros are actually friends of mine because I grew in Miami and that's where they live... Paul Diamond & Fantasio. I lived about five minutes from Fantasio and will always treasure the many Saturdays I spent at his place just playing around with magic ideas.
Partial list: Houdini, P.T. Selbit, Thurston, Dunninger, Richardi, Cardini, Slydini (who I did spend some time with thanks to Fantasio & Paul Diamond), Max Maven, Penn & Teller... oh, man, this is crazy! Too many to mention because I'm greedy and would like to spend time with all the greats. Let's just say any magician that made a mark in the world of magic.
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
maurile
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
102 Posts

Profile of maurile
Hmm, I would sit down to dinner with . . .

Melinda! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magical Heroes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL