The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » The movie "Shade" (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Satori
View Profile
New user
Panama City, FL USA
61 Posts

Profile of Satori
Quote:
In the end, I say don't let critic's (including anyone here on the Café') tell you how you should think about ANY art...decide for yourself and be your own critic.

I say soak up as much art as you can and be inspired by it all.

Nice. I agree wholeheartedly.

S.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Aubrey I agree with you whole heartedly too.

Sotori we are just expressing our view points out loud here nothing more than that.

Still Your Friend

Doc
Satori
View Profile
New user
Panama City, FL USA
61 Posts

Profile of Satori
Brother, I don't want you to think that I don't like you in any way. I was just offended by your attitude. I was also offended by DNshade's attitude as well. I am not the opinion police. You are very welcome to your opinion.

Usually, I think you are very eloquent and can identify with your views, if not entirely agree. You have at least established yourself as someone who actually cares about this site and didn't make your first post a blanket condemnation of the uneducated masses opinions, as did DNshade. Who, very unlike those he quotes in his post, very obviously has something to prove.

I would hear your opinion again anytime, friend. Let's not forget we are only talking about a movie here. Which, by the way, I think I am going to go watch now...lol.

S.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
I don't see why any of you would not like it. What movies are out that have anything to do with magic and or gambling. Shade, and Rounders. Both are great movies. We should be happy someone is spending hard earned money on something that we like. Someone of you may like a movie that I think sucked donkey balls(no pun intended). The point is that at least someone took the time to make a movie about our culture and the art that we enjoy. Be thankfull for that. If you don't like the movie simply say it wasnt your style and move on. No need for rude remarks. Same with an effect in magic. If you don't like it, don't bash it. Move onto something you do like and post about it.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Philip Chau
View Profile
Regular user
Macau
124 Posts

Profile of Philip Chau
Hi

I got this movie for $5 on ebay and I just watched it.
I really like it a lot.
Pretty cool.
But I think many people who are not into magic will think it's just so so

Philip
One for the Money
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of One for the Money
I'm gonna try and rent it right now.

OK, I saw the movie. I thought it was pretty good. I rented it but I think I'll look for it to buy. It's definately a movie card guys should have on deck.
orbit17
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of orbit17
So have there been any recent card scams at the world champion poker that is all over ESP TV at the moment?
mikeflex
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of mikeflex
Alright, I'm gonna have to check this one out - never heard of it actually. Thank you themagiccafe.com

Any other Magic movies you can recommend (the hollywood kind, not the how to learn magic or the here is my routine kind)
Philip Chau
View Profile
Regular user
Macau
124 Posts

Profile of Philip Chau
Hi

Yeah, I would really like to know more about similar movies Smile
Joshua Holmstadt
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Joshua Holmstadt
Does anyone know what the move is called that they used in the movie that did a color change of 4-5 cards that are fanned out?
blueboy7948
View Profile
New user
UK
61 Posts

Profile of blueboy7948
Quote:
On 2005-02-21 08:14, tommy wrote:
I think the black guy who played the mark at the start did the best acting in the movie. I quite liked it up until he went out of it then it seemed to go down hill from there.

I thought it went downhill after the opening credits. lol
As much as I love cards, I still thought this movie was atrocious.
That said I guess I prefer 'artsy' type films to anything Hollywood produces with maybe a few exceptions.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2005-07-02 20:22, karaet_2 wrote:
Does anyone know what the move is called that they used in the movie that did a color change of 4-5 cards that are fanned out?

I havewnt seen the move but I have heard about it, and there is a gaffed version called Zaped where yo change a rubbish hand of poker to a royal flush, but the cards cant be examined after, or Paul Wilsons fan-2-c where the same effect happens but can be examined
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I finally broke down and rented it. I would say that it is worth a rent for magicians interested in cards. I would also say that there was a lot of stuff in this movie that did not need to be in there.

And I would also say that this movie did not take the opportunity to use the talent of the people that were employed by the movie with the cards. There were some good people that can do cards that their talent should have been used more.

There was a short bondage segment - I have no idea why that was in there because it wasn't part of a plot. Lots of gun fights. But in this movie there really isn't a plot. Just segments as if they are just thrown out on the table like - hey there it is.

And also used basically the same con three times over and over again. All they did was just use the same con on different people and when the con came to the climax for the third time it seemed to expect us to be surprised.

It also had no real hero's in the way of someone in the move the audience could root for. In fact I found the parts to be written very shallow.

But if you like cards some will like it and some won't... I think it is worth a rent.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Quote:
On 2005-02-20 17:17, paisa23 wrote:
Just for the record. I don't believe straight to video is a bad sign. Boondocksaints is one of the greates movies ever made with their budget and that was a straight to video.

I agree! It was the first movie I thought about when somebody mentioned "straight to film", and I was planning to write something of the like that you wrote Smile I have never heard about anyone seeing Boondock Saints who didn't like it...

Weird, would love to see it in the cinema...
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Where can I learn why 808 is so important?
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Blazes816,

Look at a deck of Bicycle brand playing cards and get back to us....

Wow.
munch1215
View Profile
New user
California
77 Posts

Profile of munch1215
I really liked the movie! The move where the cards change can be found on http://www.ellusionist.com
Look deep within yourself for inspiration
TheFish727
View Profile
New user
Tarzana CA
96 Posts

Profile of TheFish727
I love this movie. and yes it is beause it involves magic, but I think it isd worht a watch for all magic fans
munch1215
View Profile
New user
California
77 Posts

Profile of munch1215
It is a very good movie. At the end, the storyline confuses me a little, but all the magical effects are quite astounding. It is a must-see for any magician.
Look deep within yourself for inspiration
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » The movie "Shade" (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL