The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Interactive video Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
What Mentalism effect will you recommend to do while both sides have a Camera and a Microphone?
I think that invisible deck will be very good.
What else?
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
KENT, Last Man Standing by Spelman is excellent too

Best,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Kent if a rip off of the Tsunami effect. I wouldn't touch KENT if I was you, go streight for Tsunami.
One day I will write a book
JoaoPedro
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon - Portugal
179 Posts

Profile of JoaoPedro
Take look at Banachek's "Psychological subtleties" - you'll find many ideas featuring psychological forces and other stuff. One of the best books I've read! Geniously built ideas!

Also, a great effect you can do is one with 3 playing cards where you guess the one they're thinking of - just like that! 100% right! You can find in a topic I posted named "I wonder how many of you can solve this one". I explained it! Do a search,you won't regret! Smile

Best regards,
João Pedro
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
JaoPedro, you mean the one which you think of one card and switch the other two?
I fooled Derren Brown and Michael Webber with that!
JoaoPedro
View Profile
Regular user
Lisbon - Portugal
179 Posts

Profile of JoaoPedro
Exactly! That one!
Interesting...the magician who taught it to me said it was an effect from Derren Brown...I thought he had done it in some tv special or anything like that though I never saw him do that! Well...in fact this effect is built to fool magicians Smile and yet such an old principle!
I'm glad I'm not the only one doing it!
João Pedro
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Quote:
On 2005-02-19 12:20, Jordan Waller wrote:
Kent if a rip off of the Tsunami effect. I wouldn't touch KENT if I was you, go streight for Tsunami.

KENT is not a rip off of Tsunami. Although it does use the same principle, they are two different effects.
Hello.
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
JoaoPedro, This effect belongs to Terry Lagerled (I am sure I messed up his family name)and it was thought to me by a very good mutual friend - Brian Tudor.
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
403 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Stephen Long wrote:

"KENT is not a rip off of Tsunami. Although it does use the same principle, they are two different effects."

As the inventor of Tsunami and the principle employed, I can tell you KENT is a rip-off, but yes the effects are different: with Tsunami you can name the card, value and suit. With KENT, after a long list of questions, you can name the value -- and that's all.

Tsunami is $12 and comes with 10 killer effects (including the one KENT is based on). KENT is $15 for one weak effect.

A full discussion of KENT and Tsunami can be found in one of my columns in GENII. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to email them a copy for free (includes a superior method where you can name the value and the suit of the card).
JarrodHenry
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of JarrodHenry
I have buyer's remorse re Kent. Smile
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
403 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Here is my e-mail so you don't have to search:

Trickmail@sympatico.ca

Along the same route, but taking a different path, I highly recommend Richard Busch's booklet, THE DESTINY RESPONSE. I just received a copy of this from Richard, and it has some great material. See http://www.richardbusch.com
Richard Busch
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA - USA
105 Posts

Profile of Richard Busch
Coming from you Bob, that really means a lot, thank you. I just want to point out something that I believe is very important. Since Bob is very much alive and well, I just didn't "borrow" an idea. I also just didn't give him credit or just mention his name. I asked for his permission as well. It's generally the right way to go and what I always do. Some people in mentalism and magic who think they invented everything have one hell of a nerve!
Richard Busch
<BR>www.RichardBusch.com
<BR>RichardBusch@RichardBusch.com
www.TheMindFocuser.com
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
Roei,

Talking about Richard Busch’s material, I think you may like “Number Please”. I have make people cry with this one, by phone.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17585 Posts

Profile of Slim King
How about ..Mind Over Number? Or Destiny Response? What's the skinny on these?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Interactive video Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL