The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which DVD to get!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
I am a fan of Shooy Ogawa and Daid Williamson but I don't know which new dvd to get any help guys on how practical the stuff on each video is.
tanks a lot six
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
If you have a look under dvd/video scene, Steve Brooks has done a review on Davids lastest dvd,

Dizzy
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
I vote for Williamson's Magic Farm dvd.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I vote for ANY David Williamson video. I own both his "Sleight of Dave" and his "Dave 2" DVDs and I never tire of watching him perform. forget the effects. Watch his misdirection and his ecomomy of movement and his audience management. And, of course, his humor. Dave's misdirection is so strong and sooo motivated that I can still be sucked in and fooled the 10th time I watch as easily as the first time. These videos are "gold".

I've got to get the Magic Farm DVD........

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Shoot is a technical magician, a very good one. We all know his magic is very beautiful and not easy.

On the other hand D Williamson is a very entertaining performer.

Both are worth getting.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
JL608
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of JL608
Another vote for Williamson
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
David Williamson would definitely be funnier and more entertaining - it all depends on what kind of magic you want to learn - I would go for the Williamson one myself though.
Damien
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
David Williamson deals largely with cards. Shoot is a mixture with cards and coins.

Hence, it will depend on what kind of material you would like. I would say that Shoot's coins stuff rocks! his card stuff are also cool. I watched his New DVD, Shoot in Hollywood and find that its good. All his card tricks in that dvd can be examined later by the spec. Requires gimmick but can be cleaned up. When I watched the dvd, I dint catch how he ditched the gimmick. As for his coins, its visual too. But be prepared to practise Smile Shoot's coin stuff is quite IMO advanced. (Apollo stated that Shoot practises the Muscle Pass by stacking a few coins instead of jus using one. Smile)

I watched David's Sleight of Dave Vol 1 and enjoyed it tremedously. His handlings of cards are very directly, aka right in your face kinda methods. He has a very good top change in Vol 1. The racoon gag was very funny too. Unlike Shoot, Dave's more entertaining in his presentation and hence you will learn tons if you wanna keep your specs entertained, not only in card magic, but in the presentation aspect.

Hope this info will help you into deciding which DVD you wanna purchase.

Cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which DVD to get!!! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL