The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Blueprints & Next by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
"this occasional corruption is an unfortunate side effect."

Then you should take the look at whatever code your using, there should be no reason for *any* corruption...

If you are using HTTP for downloading, then the protocal means there won't be any corruption of the actual download, so the corruption happens on your end...

A computer program does exactly what its told, and if there is any corruption it is due to an error in whatever scheme you're using. You should fix that problem instead of just saying "It's really complicated and they get corrupted".
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Thanks for the advice Daegs.

I appreciate your thoughts but I do have an issue with your assumptions because it's not just my code involved here - it's the network connection between our server and the client too. Some of this is beyond my control.

Consider: The people who've experienced a malfunction with the download, I just reset the download for them again, they retried and it worked. I've *never* had to adjust the existing code to enable someone to download correctly; the retry invariably succeeds. What do you think the cause of this might be ?

The download being cut short at the client side or at the server side ? It's not a locking issue since each downloadable copy is created uniquely for each individual. My suspicions are that it's to do with the actual process of sending/receiving the file - a network 'glitch' somewhere. Blueprints is by far the largest download on Magic Notes and it's experienced more glitches than other files - so this might back up this theory. What I'm not convinced of, though, is that it's a problem in my code as such; thousands of successful downloads vs a few dozen failures, each download working in an identical fashion, would seem to back this up.

The thing is, though, if it IS a network glitch - then the only real fix is to offer the buyer a retry of the download until they succeed. This is what I do and it does appear to be a valid, successful approach.

What I *will* do shortly is increase the number of initial attempts a buyer has to download the file - this will mean that my support time re-enabling downloads will be reduced. To my mind, this is the best I can reasonably do - and it would appear to be sufficient because experience has shown that simple retries are successful.

If you have any further thoughts on this, mail me: jamie@magic-notes.com - perhaps you'll have some ideas I've not thought of. I don't think it's appropriate to continue a technical discussion here on the thread about Blueprints - but I'm more than happy to discuss this 'offline'.

Ultimately, though, the important thing is that the file is delivered to the buyer. This *always* happens with 'Magic Notes' and 'Underground Collective' - you will ALWAYS receive your purchase. At the end of the day, surely this is what truly matters.

Regards,

Jamie ( http://www.magic-notes.com and http://www.underground-collective.com )
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
So far so good....thanks to everyone who has gotten the ebook so far...i ope you guys are getting good use out of the routines

Daniel
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I had a problem downloading Blue Prints so I sent an email to Magic Notes before I went to work.After comming home from work,I checked my email and Jamie had sent me an email saying he had reset my download.I went to the site and redownloaded and I got it that time.In my opinion Jamie resolved the problem very quickly.I've bought 4 sets of notes from Magic Notes and I loved all of them.Highly recommended!
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
YES, I AGREE...

JAMIE has served me in a good way.

When I want to buy "Greed" notes and I could not pay him thru Paypal, he helped me to find another way.
And when I could not open the file, he had re-sending the file again.

Many thank's for your good service, Jamie.

Hengky
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Well do we have a common thing in all the posts..
<B>"I bought it and was not able to open it..."</B>
Exactly that's my complaint...
And he says that it can be a problem with downloading. Well, I have done business with a lot of other people and have downloaded like a lot of e-books. And I have never had any problems. And I am at school and our internet system is one of the best.
And if he hopes that giving retries can help it, I sincerely hope so too. He has a lot of good stuffs for sale..
To believe is Magic.
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Thanks to all of you who are buying the notes....im working on getting the video demos ASAP...ive had a lot of questions about some of the angles...and the way some of the routines should look....people are saying that some of the stuff sounds too good to be true...so I'm working on it guys....thanks again to all

Daniel
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I just got Next and want to say that it is well worth the price. The impromptu cap in bottle is excellent and, yes, I was shocked at No Smoking. I never heard of such a thing. I still don't get it even though I saw me do it. It's just strange! This is all practical stuff I will use (with the exception of Addict). But 5 out of 6 isn't bad. At that rate, I got 5 highly usable items for $3 each. Thanks Daniel.
Nicholas
Oh, by the way - I happened to develop a floating calling card very similar to Daniel's floating credit card (DISCHOVER). Thanks, Dan, for providing the proper credit in your maniscript (wink)!
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
OK - I had to come back. Here's why. I've been trying several of Daniel's IMPROMPTU items from his ebook titled Next. I happen to like this stuff...just on first read. But, they play far better than I anticipated. I did the IMPROMPTU floating business card effect for my toughest critic...my son. He knows how I do everything. And, what was his initial reaction? He thought I must be using loops. (I know Daniel said that was the reaction we would get, but I never thought that the first thing my son would say would be that.) So, I told him no...and did it again! He still couldn't see how I was managing to levitate that thing. Then, there is the IMPROMPTU cap in bottle. Although I never did cap in bottle, I've done half-dollar in bottle for many, many years. Now, I doubt that I will ever go back to half-dollar in bottle. I also doubt that I will ever bother to buy a gimmicked cap in bottle. Daniel's IMPROMPTU version works just fine...and it's so much easier...not so much to worry about. Easier = more fun while maintaining great audience reaction. And, as I mentioned above, No Smoking knocked me out the first time I saw myself do it (no, I'm not cloned...I was looking in the mirror thinking, "this can't possibly work," but it did!) It's an easy effect...yet about as strange as it can get...and...TOTALLY IMPROMPTU. I think the guys that are interested in the bizarre could have a hayday with this one. Now, I don't know Daniel at all and I have nothing to gain by ranting and raving about his work. But, I can't help being terribly impressed. I'll be spending time working on the 3 phase rubber band routine next. I can tell, just by reading through, that this will be a real worker, too. And did I mention that all of this is purely IMPROMPTU? Thank you, Daniel, for providing unique impromptu effects that play so very very strong!
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
And the winner for making me feel good today goes to...NICHOLAS!!!!...

hey Nic....thanks for the great comments that you have made...im glad to see that there is someone acctually trying the material that I put in the notes...rather than just going through them and saying..."this looks cool.." I have friends that use the material in there ALL THE TIME...and they begged me not to release it...soo now I'm glad that I did...i appriaciate everything that you have said...you are truly a great person......i hope the others are getting good use out of the material aswell.

Daniel
Elmsley4
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Elmsley4
Will all the notes be on the dvd's coming out? I just don't want to buy the same effect twice! Whatever material is NOT going to be on the DVD's, I will have to buy via magic-notes.com. I love your work, and can't wait for the DVD's.

Which notes should I buy? (Which notes will not be on the DVD's)
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
There is nothing from the "Next" set of notes that is on the DVD's ... I take that back....there is part of the rubberband routine...but that's it...other than that.....the blueprints notes has some things that are not in the DVD's aswell...but most of it is.....GREED ..is not on the DVD's

Daniel Garcia
Elmsley4
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Elmsley4
Just bough "Next" b/c it seemed like there will be less on that than blueprints on the DVD. What can I say. I tried out "No Smoking" (when I should be studying for a graduate midterm) and I couldn't stop laughing to myself. Man oh man is this stuff great. Tell me you couldn't stop grinning when you saw this! I'm going to book some crazy shows with this alone!

You've got a continued fan, and I'm happy to continue the hype. Very very nice. I haven't laughed outloud to myself in a while. I should do it more often. I'll have to wait for the DVD's or buy "greed".

All the best!

-Joel Gabelman

Note: I didn't even read all the effects and I can't stop smiling with just ONE effect... hahahhahah!!!!!!! Again, great stuff man.
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Thanks Joel...i'm glad you enjoyed the notes...let me know if you need anything

Daniel
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Hi Daniel,
Did you get my PM?
Thanks,
Harish
To believe is Magic.
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Hey Harish....no I didn't get it....send it again and ill get back to you asap

daniel
dogwood86
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
124 Posts

Profile of dogwood86
Whas it on purpose that the diagrams that I am to "pay attention" to in the final phase of stretch are upside down. The routine is tough to learn, but that doesn't help. Smile

The Routines are great but I found some spelling mistakes aggravating, and the instructions are kind of run on. But great material, perhaps Iam just struggling to find something poor in the manuscript!

Nathan
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Ok...there starting to attack the spelling...i thought they were lecture notes..not an english test...didn't know I was back in high school... Smile
thanks for the compliment nathan...let me know if you need anything...

PS...you spelt "was" wrong on your post...lol

daniel
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Daniel,
I have a question for you. In the "Next" notes, how do I get the smoke inhaling to work for the trick "No Smoking"? Did you use a cigarette for the photo? Smile
I have tried a lot to get this to work and I can't seem to get it right, any help offered on this would be appreciated.
Also, I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you didn't know. There is somebody on ebay selling your lecture notes for a starting bid of $5.00. I only mention this to you because if you are not somehow involved this seller is doing something that in my opinion is unethical. Since these notes are a download this seller has an unlimited supply of these notes to sell well below magic-notes.com's asking price. Do what you want with this info I just thought I'd let you know.
Thanks Daniel for your contribution to the magic community.

-Paul
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
The notes were also sold in hard copy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Blueprints & Next by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL