The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Cap In Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

njh
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore, MD
143 Posts

Profile of njh
I'd like to try and make my own cap in bottle, with a different handling. Does anyone know how I can get a plastic bottle cap into a water bottle? Does it involve heating the cap in boiling water, that's what I've heard?

P.S.
Would answering this question be exposure?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Exposure? Yes.
This effect is not very expensive to purchase. Support your local Magic shop or purchase online Smile .
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
mgical
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of mgical
Here is my own personal method...so I can expose it. First shrink the cap, and place it inside the bottle, simple huh. But not a great illusion...until you now shrink the bottle, now you are set up to switch this in! If you start with a massive bottle it will look like a normal bottle, and fool everyone ! )

Seriously Irossalls advice is a good one, buy the effect learn the method and then remake it in you chosen bottle if you would like.
njh
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore, MD
143 Posts

Profile of njh
Point taken, thanks.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Comet
LOL I like the shirnk the cap then the bottle idea. I'll have to give it a try. I would try vanishing cream on my coins too but my fingers disapearing when I'm rubbing it in. LOL. I have made my own cap in waterbottle I've had the marketed one and just didn't like it too much. With mine I can do it with the bottle full or empty and I can also leave the bottle with the customer at the end of the show. I do agree that you should buy the marketed effect as well. you can find out how they do it then improve if need be. For some people it's cool to take the bottle home with you but for me I like to leave it. I got used to that when I was doing the cap in the beer bottle that Daryl puts out.
Enjoy!
Joe Comet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Cap In Bottle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL