We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The shaman for close-up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

music
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of music
I hope this is not wrong to do, but I went on the ellusionist site and clicked on the shaman, I then hit the print button and printed out the chart of numbers and symbols, I then had it laminated and use it for close-up. In fact I made several print outs with different outcomes so I can repeat it by just switching cards. My audience seem to really love this effect, especially seems stronger when repeated.
Any comments?
enriqueenriquez
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1287 Posts

Profile of enriqueenriquez
Leaving aside any possible legal problem, you just did the opposite the programers did: transform a mathematical effect into a computer one.

There are other applications of the same principle. Check out Martin Gardner, for example.
B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
I'd second the Martin Gardner reference. I've seen myriad variations of this principle and they always seem to go over well, but I've never repeated the effect. I have always felt it would lose some of it's appeal if repeated (appear less magical and more mathematical). Of course, I can't argue with your own observation, Music. If it has worked for you, that's great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The shaman for close-up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL