The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Whats its name (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but what I want is a wallet where you can switch things ive seen one before it uses a magnet to concel the hidden compartment but I need its name so if any one knows what on earth I'm on about let me know thx
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
Hmmmmmm, it sounds like what I usually describe as a z wallet, however I may be wrong

ollie
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
Thx ollie any sites what sell it
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
http://www.jbtv.co.uk

its listed as "Z Fold Wallet Luxury Small", hope this helps.

ollie
Kentrell
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, OH
72 Posts

Profile of Kentrell
The classic wallet to produce the effect you want is called a Himber wallet. The method is differnt than the one you suggested, but try starting with that one. Any dealer should carry it.

K
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
I need that exact method because the effect I have in mind needs the spec to handle the wallet quite freely
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Sounds like T.A. Waters' "Swopper Wallet".

I think it is out of production now, but I'm sure if you do a vast internet search you could probably find one.

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
A magnetic wallet??
OOOOoooo! That's scary-
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
Thx are ther any other wallets I could perform say a bill switch in that could be handed out for bref examanation
mgical
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of mgical
A nice himber wallet (jerry o'connell makes great wallets in a few sizes) would work as it can only open one way at a time. A normal z fold wouldn't though you can just add your own magnets adn make it locking. Allowing the audience member to handle it would be down to good audience managment skills.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
You can also use a thin strip of "Velcro" to seal up one side (after the dirty work is done)
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
You could make your own Swapper Wallet.
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
rhinomax
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of rhinomax
I have used a z-fold with magnets for years and put it right in the spectators hand

just don't put credit cards in it the magnets will kill them
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE FEW TO CHANGE THE WORLD "THATS USUALY HOW IT WORKS" MARGRET MEAD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Whats its name (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL